Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Making Plans and Counting Days

Oh guess what!?!?! We're in a heat wave :D its currently 20 degrees. I haven't lost my mind (not yet I dont think) I really dont consider that a heat wave :P

I leave in 2 weeks! for Arizona for Grace's wedding. I briefly talked to Sis Clarkson this weekend she called to double check on my measurements. I've never had someone make a dress specifically for me. The thought is kind of cool but won't lie a bit nervous for the same reason. I hope this weekend to go shopping for her bridal gift and a wedding gift. I've got a couple unique ideas that won't hinder my luggage issue that I hope to find. Though we lacketh good stores thats for sure so hopefully I can conquer this challenge. I dont want to resort to shopping online and ship it there it seems so impersonal to me

Speaking of resort :-D We found a spa/resort to stay at in Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii


It has a spacious suite with views of Waikiki and the Koolau Mountains. Just what we want. When I close my eyes and I can almost feel the stress going away, smell the salty ocean air, and feel the fresh breeze. Yup all 3 of us need this. We work to much, to hard and do nothing to release the stress. The Lord is so good- I was praying for some sort of vacation, some time off that was 100% R and R but all that was coming up was the wedding and then the only other time off I got approved for was Assembly. I got shot down for my camp dates and then Hawaii came up- I was shocked but ever so thankful. In the past I said Hawaii wasn't on the top of my list of places to go. Then we moved to Alaska and I can't be more excited. We aren't renting a car. Which will save money- but from everything I hear its a waste of money to rent one that the city bus is free and takes you around downtown if you don't wish to walk. We may rent a car on our last as to go out to Pearl Harbor as the bus doesn't go that far out but we do need to do something with our luggage as we dont need to be to the airport until that evening. As for what we do for the other two days I really dont care- a little shopping, alot of taking pictures, and even more relaxing.

We were joking before I left work today that they're going to make sure I'm extra stressed so I can really enjoy my vacation. The last two days have been crazy I've never had to deal with customers as much as I have the last two days either. On top of that I got overtime approved to make up for the time I have off so in the long run I end up with a paid vacation. I predict when I get on the 1am flight in two weeks I'll be asleep before take of hehe

speaking of sleeping I'm going to go take a nap...while I wait for someone to take me home.

I feel so mentally exhausted but I keep praying for strength to keep going. Though stressed it hasn't overwhelmed me and the last two days I've gotten two maybe small complements but made a big difference and kept me going.

Okay now on to my nap hehe

As it seems

1 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Rent a car and drive through the pineapple fields and go to Waimea (I think that is how you spell it). Visit the Pipeline which is on the same side as Waimea...huge waves. These places are so totally cool. A bus ride to visit downtown is a very good idea...too many one way streets, which you have in Anchorage, but when you are trying to NOT stress...you really don't want to have to deal with.