Thursday, September 11, 2008

Its Already Been Two Years

When this day came around last year I said this on my blog

"Today is a day I thought would never come. Im willing to admit there were times I was hoping it wouldn't. Once I got through those times I came out seeing even more the reason we needed to be in Alaska. ...We pulled into Anchorage to answer the call God placed on my family- yes not on my dad- or my parents but my family. Its been a long year full of a lot of tears- tears that have made me stronger. A lot of stress that has given me more faith- a lot of hurt that has taught me the power of forgiveness. A year full of wonderful blessings- both big and small. I've learned when you answer God's call, when you seek His will and you are willing to make sacrifices (some easier then others) He will bless in ways you can't even imagine."

There is a saying "Obedience is better then sacrifice" but sometimes, maybe even most times obedience requires sacrifice. That first year required of me to do a lot of sacrificing my will to be obedient. There was nothing easy about it at the time but I look back and I wonder what was my problem- how could I have wanted to do anything else. In the last year- well the last 9 months its been rewarding to watch God work in our family, in the local church and to see how God has worked in my life. God has truly blessed! I do think until one of us gets married :-P or we move again that trip 2 years ago will remain the most memorable event, the most life changing event in this family (hopefully that doesn't sound to dramatic haha)






There is a great reward for being here in Alaska for 2 years- qualifying for the PFD and also the State Energy Rebate - according to the status of our PFD applications tomorrow Dad and I will receive ours. The status of mom's is approved but we aren't sure of when it will be paid out and Jess and Jo's are still pending for whatever reason.

The accountant in me has tried to figure out the most cost effective way to best use my dividend- a new camera, upgrading to a new laptop, saving as much as possible. I've thrown out the idea of getting a laptop right now- maybe in a month or so Apple will come out with a new laptop as well :-)

The choice I have made is to purchase a new camera keeping it at or hopefully under $1,000 the decision as to which one I havent made yet- As much as I've looked into Nikons I've only used Canon- I dont know that I want to switch now even though Canon is the more expensive of the two. One thing for sure is Nikon needs to improve their website

Other then having a horrible head cold its been a great week

0 comments: