Saturday, December 27, 2008

EXCITED!!!!

I need to blog about Christmas and all the holiday fabulousness but that will have to come later as I need to be heading to bed but I had to share my excitement. And maybe Tammi is the only one that get the excitement of it.

I have a friend here and Anchorage who I use to work with but she moved to Denver w/ her fiance last May well she moved back so the original plan of taking their engagement pictures down there is out (rather bummed no trip to CO) so their engagement pictures will be taken in March here in Alaska- not as exciting as 60-70 degree weather of CO but there is no doubt it will be fun as they both are crazy fun. I was over at her house today with her mother working on their save the date cards. We used a picture taken of the two of him after he came of the plane from Iraq its emotional and pretty. Which means they want something completely different for their engagement pictures- can do, not a problem. "But Jenna I dont want typical scenic pictures, no standing beside trees, no walking on the beach, no pictures of mountains in the background- but I want outdoor pictures and I want to take our huskies with us" I was stumped :-S did she forget where we lived- HELLO this is Alaska- she laughed and said she new I would have fun figuring it out. I spent the last 3 hrs look at pictures from other photographers in Alaska and though I don't know where some of these pictures were taken.

I'm thinking rustic bridge, old decrepit buildings, and a train depot, and ship yard - put all this together and :D we're heading to Whitter

Now if you been to Whitter you may be thinking I've lost my mind its a fishermans village that is surrounded by mountains- that is true but it is a town that has character and spunk like the two of them :-) and who knows they may not want to walk on the beach but maybe I can throw them into a creek :-)

She's excited about it and knows what Im talking about- Now I wish March wasn't so far away I want to get shooting. I'm praying desperatly that the end of March isn't to cold other wise I'm going have to go to plane B which I haven't thought of yet- but its going to have to be indoors -hmmm


Sorry if I bored you but I had to share :-D

4 comments:

cokelady said...

Can't wait to see what you come up with... even though I don't know these people! :-) You're SO GOOD at this, Jenna. I LOVE the pictures of Jessa and Levi, by the way. Those are soooooo fantastic!

Momma Tammi said...

Count on plan A, but come up with plan B just in case. Whittier sounds like a great place to take the pics and I love the background ideas.

The Middle J said...

I have an idea for plan B and even a plan C- it all depends on how soon spring comes- I'm afraid we wont be able to get into Whitter that early into spring, plan B will work if there isn't alot of snow and plan C is indoors which doesn't matter on the weather- just not sure where indoors is lol

Grace & Co said...

I'm excited that you're excited! =]