Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Buh Bye Golden Locks



Oh boy I dont even know where to start- actually I started this then lost it and now I'm just going to share a picture AGAIN sorry- I just dont have the gumption to do it again.


Next post I've got Jo's birthday, the car wash and I think something I dont  remember now 

But for now I'll explain the picture- it started with a conversation with Jared about his hair and some how the end result was me cutting mine.  First it was just a new look- new layers and a trim was what I had in mind. Then he kept showing me pictures of short hair and I was like N to the OH NO -then he mentioned something that always gets me - Locks of Love-  One of my favorite features is my hair but  I appreciate it so much more after going to school with a girl who had a rare form of cancer. I watched her loose her hair but not her precious spirit. I remember when she came back to school and she had the most beautiful white blond hair in soft wavy curls and she was just beaming. She had just received a wig from Locks of Love. So once he showed me a short cut that I actually really liked I said why not. Shed the old and bring in the new and give a wonderful gift to someone while at it. I cut off 12" of hair for Locks of Love and lost 1" in the layering of the cut. I love it- I dont know if I feel older but paired with new clothes for the assembly and work I feel like the frump part has been cut away and welcome a clean, classy, fresh look :-)

8 comments:

marshasblog said...

I love the new look! Very pretty! My daughter and I donated our hair to Locks of Love also..a good cause!!

Amy Anders said...

Oh my goodness Jenna, I love the hair it look so you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy Anders said...

Oh my goodness Jenna, I love the hair it look so you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grace & Co said...

Your hair looks so beautiful straight and curly! I almost envy you.. :)

Jared Nolen said...

Peanut!it is absolutly beautiful... ican't wait to chop of all mine LOL...
The cut is absolutly amazing.. classy and clean .. turned out beautiful..

The Middle J said...

:D I got a Jared comment YAY hehe

Thank you all I'm very happy with it- I feel classy and pretty- I love it

hanks Jar you did good- now its your turn :-)

Kasey said...

I REALLY like it!

Jessa Stephens said...

Jenna you really need to post. I look almost every day in hopes that you will..... =(........