Thursday, August 02, 2007

Wide Awake ....Even Though I Need Sleep


We'll see what my foggy brain can recall from last week.

All I remember from Monday (July 23) was after dropping Heather off at the base Dad stopped at Ship Creek and Jeremy, Dad and I walked down to the dam and walked along the bridge where you can see the salmon run. I've never seen so many fish- we saw hundreds of kings, reds and silvers all of which were swimming past the line of which people can fish it was so cool.

Tuesday as everyone knows was Joleesa's birthday (and Becki's and Bobby's hehe) I had extra time to use so I left work early and picked up my birthday gift for her. I wanted to get her 18 Gerber Daisy's because those are her favorite but a) they were either sold out or b) the place was charging an arm or leg for them. So I went with a vase full of sunflowers. I surprised her at work them and Tom one of the mangers was ready with his camera. It was awesome! That was last week and they are still very much alive and serving as a center piece for the kitchen table. After we all got home I made lasagna, garlic bread, and casear salad which was all requested by Joleesa. Then after service we went to Village Inn and had red velvet cake which is both Jo's and my favorite and we made the servers love us as we gave them all the extra cake.


I dont recall if it was Tuesday night or Wed night or how it started but Jeremy started quoting Princess Bride so we popped the movie in. The boy is hilarious he would be quoting right along with the movie and then it would stop and I'd look over and he'd be sleeping. A few minutes would go by and out of no where he would go back at it and then before we knew it he seemed to be sleeping again. To Funny

Jeremy bummed around downtown on Thursday he was sitting outside the Captain Cook when Katie and I stepped out to down to the mall so we invited him along. I wish I had a picture of it. I felt like we were the mob or something- Katie and I had on our shades and all three of us were wearing long sleeved pin stripped button down black shirts. After lunch we left him to go back to work. After church we headed to earthquake park but didn't stay long as the water smelled horrible but I think it was the sight that took our breath away and not the smell.



we didn't stick around long and decided to head to Denny's Jeremy pulled out his camera and killed me with his flash. Im told its payback. In trying to get him back by turning my flash up I found something way cooler that my camera can do. Its call color selection. You can pick out a color and everything but that color turns black in white. I also found a cool way to do a blur effect right there on my camera instead of applying the effect once the photo is on my computer. I had way to much fun at work with it. The CocaCola cup picture is from Denny's and the Blurred picture is Katie while at lunch the next day.

Friday brought the end to the revival and so we had a movie night at mom and dads. Everyone only stuck around for the first movie I don't think anyone else was to thrilled that the next pick was Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.

I actually got to sleep in on Sat. and after a trip to the bank we went to Gwennie's (I think I killed the spelling of that) for brunch. The food was great and we got so much food that Jo and I honestly should have shared but didn't think about that. We wont tell ya what happened to most of the food :S hehe By this time it was time to drop Jo off at work and head to Aleyska. I was excited because we had been saying that we were going to do the tram so many times and never did it. It was worth the wait! It is so very beautiful up there. Jeremy had to point out that all that was pulling us up was 3 wires there for a brief second I wasn't sure if I wanted to lose my stomach or toss him out :-P Neither happened and we made it safely up in one piece .


Mom was content with staying at the observation deck and so Jeremy and I hiked up the rest of the mountain. He thinks it once was a volcano I think it was once a glacier but neither of us could find proof to support our theory so it still remains a mystery to what we hiked. At one point we were stopped by a family and they asked Jeremy to take a picture of them. The guy asked if he spoke English. I didn't hear Jeremy's response but the guy was persistent that he heard us speaking a different language. Still wondering what that could have been lol. Here is some pictures of our hike.







I rarely think about it until after I'm looking at the pictures but it always is a bummer that due to the fact I'm the one behind the camera that I rarely get pictures of myself at places like these. Zaiah does this make up for my lack there of photo taking. We got back into Anchorage and did some quick grocery shopping and came home and cooked supper. Jeremy made some of the best pork chops on the grill while mom made the rest. I for the first time that week got to sit back and watch. After supper we sat outside and talked. Ya'll already know the result of that. I ended up teaching Sunday school and Jeremy ended up leading Song Service and Mom preaching. Mom went inside while Jeremy and I just chilled outside talking until it was time to go get Jo from work.

That brings us to Sunday which was a rather looooooong day that I'll have to save for later. I need to take some cough medicine and head to bed. I didn't go to work today but missing tomorrow isn't an option please be praying for me. Its statement time/ overtime and I can't be sick for this.

Love ya all

Jen

8 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Great post and awesome pictures! I'll be praying!

Vicki Smith said...

Ditto to Momma Tammi. Thanks for posting! I've been missing you.

Rebekah Doran said...

That was a cool coke picture. How much longer is Jeremy going to be around?

The Middle J said...

Jeremy left late late Tuesday night. Thanks for the prayers and it feels good to be catching up on things. I know I need to read through this and correct all my errors I'm surprised so many of you were able to understand what I meant. Then again you've probably gotten use to it with me :S

cokelady said...

WOWZERS. That is soooooooo pretty. I wanna go!!!

Sounds like your week was busy, busy, busy--but plenty of fun, too. That's the kind to have!

The Middle J said...

Somedays I wonder if I should have ever turned down the interview at Aleyska its so amazingly beautiful and peaceful out there...well at least during the summer.Then the peacefulness probably leaves when all the people come

Things are calming down and I'm feeling much better but then I have wonderful people praying for me and I did get over 20 hrs of sleep in 2 days :-D

Netty said...

So glad that you are feeling better and that Jolessa had a nice birthday. Bro. Sutton enjoyed his as well.

Isaiah said...

Ya, I'd say you redeemed yourself... :)