Friday, October 12, 2007

I'm In Awe

Some of you know how truly bad this week was for me. It started Saturday and kept going... I'm not even going to go into it again. It was really getting to me yesterday I was looking at tickets for Thanksgiving and I broke down in tears they weren't what I needed them to be, I wanted to sleep in my own bed but I was still locked out of my place broke down in tears. Crying Lord what did I possibly do to deserve all of this why can't something go right for me. I've never felt so close to being depressed and conquered then I have this week...over such little things. I slept horrible- I felt so stressed and so overwhelmed and discourage.

I woke up this morning feeling so tired, one of the girls at work noticed and asked me if I was okay. I broke down in tears and told her I just needed something good to come out of my day.

Yesterday was Joleesa's interview. Ya'll just don't know how much I wanted this for her. I prayed and fasted all the way up through her interview yesterday. She came down to my office and told me it was a short interview and such and I think she was discouraged by that but I knew how hard I was praying and I didn't care how horrible things continued to be for me I knew God would answer my prayers for Jo. I got a call from Delleny in HR this morning and she told me Joleesa got the job and asked me if I would come over and pick up her hire packet. I got off the phone and screamed in pure excitement- it was load enough that everyone was coming to see if I was okay and then I just started sobbing.

Remember in the movie Facing the Giants at the end when Grant was crying because he was so overwhelmed by God's goodness and blessings. That emotion was how I felt then. Just so consumed, so overwhelmed by how good God is.

My co-workers kept asking me if I was okay, what was wrong, I kept saying nothing nothing you just don't understand...I feel so overwhelmed. They were so confused. I almost laughed. I just said My God is so good. I'm so happy. They were like why are you crying then- these/those were happy tears.

I've never prayed so hard for something. I love my little sister so much and I want everything that is good and right and best for her. Where she is working now is not those things. There is so much more for her and I'm so proud of her for stepping out and doing this. She won't regret it.

I think Joleesa is a little scared to leave what is familiar but I know God will settle those fears for her.

It was actually really cute- I was talking to Delleny and she was so excited for her. She was like your sister is so sweet so going to be perfect for this job, the guests will love her. I was smiling- if you've met Jo she's so easy to love. I don't know if I've even told Jobe this yet but Delleny gave me a parking pass for her for the rest of October. We have to pay $31 a month for parking (got to love downtown) She def. didn't have that kind of money to dish out and its just another testimony of what an awesome God we serve.

My day has just kept getting better as the day went on.

The Devil didn't win this fight- he tried but lost horribly :-D


I truly do feel so overwhelmed by God's love... I feel so blessed by His goodness.


oh btw- she is our new reservations clerk :-D

6 comments:

cokelady said...

Wow, sounds like quite a week you've had! I'm glad that things are looking up--for you and for Joleesa. That's so great!!!

By the way, I just sent you an e-mail. With the trouble we always seem to have I figured I should ask here on the blog whether or not it actually got to you. Did it???

Momma Tammi said...

Congrats to Joey on the new job. I'm so glad that something good came out of your day!

Erika J. said...

YAY JOEY!

Washington Okie said...

Jenna,

Sounds like you've been on that roller coaster many of us have been on. Just stay in your seat with the safety bar in place (Christ) and we will eventually come to the end victorious! Glad to hear Jolessa got the job, she's perfect and will do a wonderful job.

Bro. Ray

Tammy Washburn said...

What a great testimony! Congratulations to Joey. God is Good.

Pam said...

Congratulations to Jolessa. I'm glad that your day is getting better.