Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Among to Many

This Christmas is so unusual. Normally I've got all my Christmas shopping done by now but I feel like I've got nothing. Which isn't really the truth I've got Jessa and Joleesa something but I want to add to it- if I can't I'll survive but I still need to get Mom, Dad, the person I drew for our youth Christmas party and I want to get something for my boss and a lady I work with who spoils me like crazy. Whats driving me even more crazy is that its still empty under my tree. :-(

Normally time is the problem but money is not but this month thats not so. I neither have the time nor the money. Kasey your comment on my last post is so true. God cares even for the little things. I had some unexpected things come up that cost me a bit of money and I also still have Christmas shopping to do. The Lord knows my needs and is suppling them. My needs may seem small but not to small for Him to take care of.

He providing overtime last week and now again this week. Lenny was talking to Katie and mentioned how much he appreciated not only are good team work but our willingness to step in and help. We impressed him so much he asked us to help again Friday night. This time its doing coat check for a huge construction company and their contractors. Everyone says that contractors tip well. After the assisting cheap bankers I looked to see what was reported for tips last year and hopefully history repeats itself. Lenny also told me that we wouldn't be in the same location. God working in another way- this means we won't be babysitting the bartender's overflow cages. Also I guess there aren't free drinks for this event so I guess that means a lot less intoxicated people. Thank you Lord!

(this is the main tree in the lobby of the hotel)

I was figuring out how much I was getting paid with all the overtime and praying for the Lord to stretch it when Katie came to me saying Lenny also needed help for a ballroom event on Thursday but that she couldn't do so was wondering if I wanted to be the main person and he'd find me an extra hand. With the even being in the ballroom the coat check is in a whole different location so again- away from the intoxication- Thank you God!. I knew I needed the money and that the Lord would supply the physical strength to work Friday. Then I was reminded that Friday is our office party so mental tiredness won't be a problem. We have an accounting breakfast on Friday and then the HUGE banquet is Tuesday which I'm really looking forward to. Lets just say all I hear about is the amazing free food lol.

I thank the Lord for providing and I'll enjoy every minute of my Christmas shopping even if it means I join the many in the rush of last minute shopping.

I'm gonna chill and relax because tomorrow starts the madness

Wed- working 8am-5pm
Church 7-8:30ish

Thursday working 8am-5pm
Coat Check 5pm-1am

Friday working 8am-5pm
Coat Check 6pm-1am ish
(Isaiah comes in Friday sometime)

Saturday- hoping to go snowboarding if they go.... correction to be a snow bunny and take pictures hehe

Sunday- RELAXING!!!

1 comments:

Kasey said...

I hope it all goes well! Money is nice, and thank the Lord it looks like you will be making some good wages this week!