Monday, December 10, 2007

I'm Alive and Well

I'm in a really good mood and even though I'd rather be at home then at work its all good.

My weekend was great and fun and relaxing even with having to work a few hours. I slept in on Saturday until 9:30 before getting up and getting dressed for work. Mom and Dad picked up they were taking Uncle Bobby and Aunt Annette to the mall so they just dropped me off and I met up with them when I was done - its a short walk and I didn't mind the weather has been unusually warm but I'm not complaining its better then the bitter cold.

After making a couple stops we went to the Vine and Branches bookstore and I was all excited and ran back to see if my picture was still there so I could show Bobby and Annette but it was gone, sold and when I say I cried I'm not being dramatic about it. I wanted that picture so bad not because I was in love with the picture itself so much- though it radiated peacefulness. It was the grouping of scriptures on it that when I saw it I fell in love. I should have taken a picture of it so I could remember what it said but for some reason that didn't cross my mind at the time and now its gone. In case your first thought is I got it for Christmas thats not so... well anything could happen but I doubt it I wouldn't want my parents to spend that kind of money on a picture. Maybe they'll get another one in who knows.

The night got better as we visited and played ibuy- Sis. Annette won- and I do believe it was the most hilarious and intense game of ibuy I've played in a while. I didn't loose I came close in 2nd which is fine with me. I happy as long as I'm not last place hehe

It was great to just relax I have been going and stressing non-stop sense after Thanksgiving.

Speaking of Thanksgiving while sleeping on one of my flights I got a horrible knot in my shoulder and was contemplating going to a chiropractor but didn't have the money for it. Last week the club director announced he was going to have two of his massage therapists do chair massages for $1 per minute and when he told me who was doing the massage I decided I would take what I normally spend on coffee for the week and get a massage. Let me tell you it was amazing. I wouldn't feel comfortable doing their normal massages but the chair massage was GREAT and the knot is gone.

I wish they would do it once a week lol but it was a United Way fundraiser the club was doing so I think its only a one time thing which is a bummer.

I'll end with some other good news. Grace, as many of you know, changed the date of the wedding and I was a little bummed because its the last friday of Feb. which for being an accountant isn't the best of times to ask for time off. So I sat down with my boss to day told her the date of the wedding and basically asked what could I have off. God is good- He's given me a great boss. I was expecting only Thursday and Friday off and but she gave me Wed as well. She also told me if I needed to get off earlier on Tuesday to take a mid-day flight out to just let her know and she would okay it if I worked the weekend before. I was sure yeah awesome.

God is so good !!!

just looked at the clock- got to go back to work. Joleesa was ever so sweet and bought me lunch today and boy was it yummy.

2 comments:

Grace & Co said...

Man. I wish I had someone I knew who would give me a massage! I have knots in my shoulders and back of my neck. I've had it for about a week now and because I'm not getting them out they're giving me a headache. It's not fun.

I'm so glad everything worked out and you'll be able to come!! I'll definitely put you to work while you're here! Ha ha!

Kasey said...

Yay for good bosses, thank the Lord! He loves us and cares even in the small things.