Saturday, January 19, 2008

Change of Decor

So the interior decorating continues... I've been missing my queen sizes bed for so long of all the things I had to leave behind I missed that the most. Well after 17 months in Alaska I finallllly have something larger then a twin. I would have been happy with a Full size bed but I got my hearts desire and then some. I not only have a queen size bed but for the first time in 21 yrs (2 months short of 22 yrs) I have a head board and foot board too. The bed is beautiful and it was free- it really really doesn't get better then that. Thank you SOO much Josh and Jackie I LOVE it.


To add to it we were at Burlington and I was just roaming around while Dad, Mom, and Jo were doing some shopping and found the most beautiful comforter set. I noticed that it was on sale and so I took a closer look. Orignally $120.99 on Sale for $49.99 -it was a 7 piece set - 1 comforter, 1 bed skirt, 2 shams and 3 accent pillows. I hadn't planned on getting something new but I couldn't beat it and it matched with everything I have thus far to the T.


Went to Walmart today to get sheets because I didn't have any queen size ones. Man sheets are expensive. I finally decided to cough up an extra $10 and get ones that were better quality and wouldn't feel like sandpaper. I just recently figured out that one should look at the thread count- go ahead shake your heads- the higher the thread count the better. So I got something in the middle of expensive(low thread count :-P) and giving up your first born (high thread count :P)










The end result:






Its been a great weekend. This morning the family and when I mean family I mean Dad, Mom, Jessa, Myself, (Jo was sleep but she is part of the family :-P) Josh and Jackie we all went to Denny's for breakfast- yummy. To think if I called my parents my their first names that would be a lot of J's to follow lol. Spent the a few hours with Josh and Jackie loading up our storage room with some of their stuff and then putting my room together.


Now we're at mom and dad's chilling until 7:30 then we head out for our youth night.

Tomorrow is the Big day- or rather the pre-big day. Packers vs Gaints. Sorry Zay but its gonna be the Packers tomorrow

After church we're having a football party. Its kind of funny we're doing more for this game then we've ever done for a Super Bowl.

I couldn't ask for a better weekend- I feel relaxed but I wasn't lazy its been time well spent. First weekend in awhile thats been this laid back and fun.

Oh I got my plane ticket for the wedding :-D $290 I dont know if that beats Sis Tammi's ticket or not but the difference is her ticket brings her home. LOL ... I'll figure out away home later but couldn't pass up that price for a one way.

Thats all the good news I have for the day

Talk to you all later

Love Jenna

4 comments:

Unknown said...

the best sheets by far are the bamboo ones at Target. I did research before I bought ours and then micah and i stood in front of the display for nearly an hour (no joke) until we finally decided on those.

believe it or not, they are SO much softer than even the high thread count sheets, are a tad cheaper, and good for the environment. :)

i know what you mean about a headboard and footboard. I've had neither since I left my daybed behind in GA nearly three years ago. Right now Micah and I are kicking it asian-style with our bed and boxsprings on the floor. we're saving the good stuff until we get settled in alaska. right now we're just making do.

think of it as a extra-long vacation. at least, for micah it is. for me it's more like being torn away from everything i've ever known. but hey, it's got to happen someotime, eh?

sorry. kind of bored this morning. sorry you had to bear the brunt of it.

Kasey said...

I like the comforter set!!!! that is purty!

Momma Tammi said...

Pretty comforter set and the headboard is very nice.

My ticket was just over $200...totally amazed that Brother Ray found one so cheap. Coming from Alaska...$290 is a steal. We were pricing tickets from Alaska just to Seattle and they were between $500-$600. Totally insane.

Glad you had such a relaxing weekend. I was bummed that the Packer's lost too...but they did good. BTW...I was NOT cheering for the Seahawks the weekend before either...which is totally funny because I told all the Hawks fans at church that they were going to lose and they did! I was very sure NOT to rub it in though. ~grin~

The Middle J said...

I've seen the bamboo sheets and considered it for a few seconds before going with a higher thread count. Sheets soften with wash and wear. I want the higher thread count as to make sure they could handle the wear and last longer considering how much they cost.

I love how the colors warm up the room and makes having white walls work. When Josh pulled the headboard and footboard out of the truck my mouth dropped. It matches the wood in my room- its a little darker but it works so well. I've slept so much better the last couple nights.

It was a 1 hour sale Orbtiz had. I could pass it up. I dont know wither or not I'll fly standby home or buy at ticket well see closer to time. The important part is Ive got a means down there now.

I've always joked saying the must not want people to come back to Alaska because it cost next to nothing to leave but they want to take your arm and leg to come back.