Monday, January 28, 2008

A Random Weekend

My weekend started a little early as I went home early from work took advantage of my abundance of sick pay and went home. Dad and I went to Village Inn and got soup then we both took a nap. I never really fell asleep but the rest was nice.

Once Jessa got off work we went to Old Navy and check out the Sale. I found a few dress slacks that I like but everything was miles to long that I didn't bother even with the price. I'm not a fan of Old Navy unless I'm shopping for casual clothes and even then its not top on my list of places to go. Ha but then again I rarely wear casual anymore which is actually rather sad. From there we went to Bed Bath and Beyond and I got a plaque that says "Prayer: When Life gets too hard to stand...kneel" and then some Yankee candle plugs to make my room smell like country linens. I love the smell- so fresh and clean.

After that we met up with Josh and Jackie- which they're so much an extension to our family- I almost see them as much if not more then I see Jessa, Dad and Jo. Anyway we went to this hole in the wall looking place called The Greek Corner. Best service and Italian/Greek food ever though don't let them keep bringing you baskets of bread they charge :P

Then we went to Barnes and Noble where I stocked up on books because its rare that I get to go. I got 3 books- 2 are comical love stories and 1 is a close to reality- depressing type of book that I love. I've been branching out and reading new authors and I'm rather found of Cathy Marie Hake a really good balance between comedy, romance and a spiritual message and she's one of the few authors left out there that is still using KJV for her scripture references. Another one is Mary Connealy and so far she is right there with Hakes in they style of her stories. I'm excited!

After the bookstore we came home and played some Skip-o which is a rather fun game- best part is you don't really need to be paying attention until your turn so it makes it a bit more laid back game.

Saturday morning Josh made us all french toast w/ cinnamon and we watched a movie called Gracie while playing some more Skip-o. The ironic part was that Grace wedding invitation FINALLY came. Everyone was mentioning it and I was dieing to see what picture they had chosen. Curiosity was killing me- they had 213 pictures- I was laughing because out of the black and white ones we'd taken I had picked out one in my mind that I liked the best and it was the one they chose. Gorgeous invitation Gracie Girl turned out beautiful. Got my ticket, now I got an invitation (lol not that I really needed one) but now in 30 days I get to stand up by one of my best friends on her special day and marry the man she loves so dearly- and shows just look at the invitation. I'm excited and so very happy for her.

Then after our game we headed to do some shopping- I got a cute skirt outfit that was insanely on sale which is my excuse for buying it even though I really am not in need of anymore skirts. After shopping for about 3 hours in high heels I was more then happy we called it a day.

Sunday was great I went from being supper disappointed, to shocked and then so very thankful. Mens retreat was this weekend and dad informed me on Saturday that none of the special speakers were going to be there Sunday Evening so to go ahead and plan my service. (Wonderful last minute I know) Well I went ahead horribly disappointed that I wouldn't get to fellowship with anyone and wouldn't be able to enjoy the preaching that the men got. I was walking into church ready with my lesson but still very disappointed by it all. Walked in and there stood Isaiah and Nathan. Took me a few seconds because mom had taken them to the airport so what were they doing there. Then Bro Mojin and Bro Rusty walk in and then found out that their flights had been canceled . I know they probably weren't to excited about it all but I had to say I was up there thanking God for answering a prayer that never reached my lips but was deep in my heart. I enjoyed the fellowship and am looking forward to March and youth convention.

It was a rather random weekend but I enjoyed.

I'm still not feeling the greatest but God's suppling the energy to continue to work.

My lunch break is about over
Have a Good Monday
GodBless

0 comments: