Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Ready... Set.... Go....

I'm at the airport with about 90 minutes before my flight boards. I finished packing and crawled into bed just a little after 12:30am and my alarm clock woke me at 6:30am. Normally I hit the snooze and roll over for an extra 15 minutes but surprisingly I didn't. I got ready for work and finished packing up my bathroom things.

Got to work at 8am sharp and worked until 6:15pm. Normally when I go on trip I'm one of the first ones out the door for the day but not today. Though it was kind of nice having people come to me to say good bye and give me hugs and sending well wishes. Its been a horrible intense stressful week and I'm ready for that much needed R&R. Im not even bummed that its only in the low 60's in San Diego. I know the 3 of us are going to have a blast. Joleesa is excited about seeing Shamu even though I keep telling her its like Shamu the 10th or something like. So Sea World it is and I'll have blast going how can I not its time with my sisters.

Oh I almost forgot to mention- I need to apologize (to no one in particular) I was furious with Delta earlier today as their website refused to let me check-in. Got to the North Terminal (the small quite one that you can curl up in a corner and chill)and walked up to Delta counter and the lady said looks like you need help. She asked for my last name and before I could blink had my luggage tagged and was handing my boarding passes. I confirmed that they were tagged all the way through and she gave me the biggest smile and said I figured thats what you wanted. I thanked her and took my luggage to the TSA luggage drop off and the lady cracked me up. Instead of asking if there were fire arms and blah blah blah she asked if I had anything that would kill her. I laughed and told her that she was safe. Smiled took my bags from me and said that what I like to hear. I went up to security and the lady checking my id and pass need some coffee or sugar or something- she wasn't rude but not very personable. The security workers were amazingly friendly. I've never had any one assist me in organizing my stuff. I placed my things on the counter while I took off my shoes and the young man already had my things nicely in the bins. Asked if there was anything other then my laptop in the sleeve and said no and he took my shoes from me. The friendliness continued down the line. As I heard "Have a safe flight" "Enjoy your flight" I'm pleasantly suprised by all of the friendliness I'm not use to that in flying I was starting to think I attracted the rude service people but not tonight. The kindness was in abundance.

I'm ready to sleep- Im praying- I need you to pray- that I can sleep on this flight. Im afraid if I dont I'll hit that non-functionable point.

:-( still got about an hour to go...

oh wow someone just walked by leaving the sent of their perfume behind- smells soo good.

Okay I'm gonna play some games online- something to stay awake....

2 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Did you get my e-mail? If you did...why no response? I'm leaving in an hour...that would be 7:30 Seattle time, so if you get this...please respond to the e-mail. See ya soon.

Pam said...

Hey Jenna you all will love Sea World that is where we went on our family vacation last year. Except we went to San Antonio.