Tuesday, May 20, 2008

An Actual Post




"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."

Gensis 1:27






Nothing much has happened but yet alot. Last week was one of those weeks by the end of it you feel like you have nothing left. I was exhausted, cranky and not socialable. After a run to the store to purchase my sewing machine :-D I went home and worked on my quilt. Sense we still don't have cable t.v. or internet at the apartment Ive been spending my time cutting squares for what I guess is called a patchwork quilt. I had finally cut my last square and needed to purchase my sewing machine. Its something that is relaxing for me. Which has oddly suprised some. I love to create things wither it be with a camera, a computer or a sewing machine. I get to be creative and watch a design develop before me. Best part is I feel productive in doing it. I've cut back considerably the amount of time I spend at my computer and even in front of the t.v. By Sunday night I had my first two blocks completed. Its probably not the best of work but its enjoyable and I'm excited to finish it and I know I'll look at the mistakes and love them. I think the other reason I like quilting is I've always looked at a quilt as away to describe my life. God taking pieces (trails, heartache, amazing times, tears) sewing them together and making my life.

Saturday I got to do something else I love so very much- Hiking! After the Zoo we headed out to balgua point area and hiked up the creek and then up a trail to a look out area over looking the point, and the road. It makes you feel like your worries are so small compared to how big our God is. I love going up there it does wonders to ones mood. :-)

I need to be heading back to work. Why is it that work goes by so slow but the lunch break goes by so fast - hmm

Before I leave I want to wish Momma Tammi a very Happy Birthday. Love Ya Momma :-D

4 comments:

cokelady said...

Alright--a real post! I was beginning to wonder if they'd come to an end. :-)

Quilting! Ah, yes. I did that. Once. Took me 9 years to complete it. ;-) I never thought of quilts spiritually like you. In fact, quilting for me is probably one of those trials, heartaches, tears--like you mentioned! HA! Anyway, I'm sure it will be a joy to you and will turn out beautifully. Be sure to post pictures! :-)

Grace & Co said...

I think quilting is a great idea! I hope you'll take pictures every once in awhile so we can see how far along you are in your sewing.

Love you!

Momma Tammi said...

Thanks for the birthday wish.

Vicki Smith said...

Hi there! I know I'm several days late in discovering your post, but BTI kept me a mite busy.
I'm so excited to hear you're quilting and that you bought a sewing machine! Yippee!! It can bring you much pleasure (and a bit of frustration, as well) as you learn new talents CREATING projects with your new machine. Happy sewing!!!