Sunday, July 20, 2008

Maybe Redundant

I know Megan and Mom have both blogged about our Saturday Youth outing. So hopefully this isn't to redundant for everyone. If it is just scroll and look at the pictures :-P Won't hurt my feelings none *shrugs*

I managed to go a 3rd Saturday with out completing my laundry. I think this is a record. (I have done a couple loads through out the week) We headed to the mall to do a little shopping. That I am good at :-P (Im starting to really hate it though). The weather became sunny just for us as today it was grey and rainy again.

I have to admit bike riding the coastal trail at first held no appeal to me at all. On my Saturday I long to not see the towering towers of the hotel. The trail starts two blocks from the entrance and is at the center of Anchorage Tourism- all of which I desire to avoid on my weekend. But it was a beautiful day, perfect temperature and not to crowded. No one person was left behind to always try to keep up and it was very relaxing. I was hoping the fresh air would cure my headache but it did not. We biked 4 miles and came to the start of Earthquake Park. Which is where the "bluffs" are. They were created by the 1964 (? I think I have the year right) earthquake where a section of Anchorage dropped 25 feet. The pesky mosquitoes stacked their claim on me and everything else in sight. We turned around and went back equaling a total of 8 miles biked. Which was the perfect distance any farther and my bum wouldn't be able to take anymore. Then we treated ourself to some ice cream. (which I have a very yummy looking picture of that I won't post because I know some maybe fasting)

The night concluded with some very unbalanced volleyball w/ Josh, Jackie, Joleesa, David and myself. I think its been awhile sense I laughed that much.

Its getting late and work starts all over again tomorrow (groan) Pictures are posted on http://photographybyjenna.myphotoalbum.com

Sis Smith there are no bad Ads on this new site its all private and can be viewed without having to sign up. Im not sure if I told you that yet.



Note: I deleted all the pictures on the post. The way I posted them were causing things to be temperamental. I dont have the time to reposted them but I'll remember what I did so I wont do it next time :-D

4 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

I saw the picture of the yummy ice cream. I mainly posted so that you know that the problem has been fixed and your blog can now be accessed again. ~grin~

Vicki Smith said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures, Jenna. And a nice, CLEAN way to be able to share them. Thanks! I saw 3 or 4 that would have made nice Assembly Program covers, but we were forced to go with clip art this year. Maybe next year? --I enjoyed ALL of them, except for the last one. At least you aren't as mean as Becki who put up a template just to taunt all the fasting TCOG members! What a brat she is!
See you real soon!

The Middle J said...

LOL- I warned you :-P

I am a bit bummed that one of my pictures couldn't be used it would have been an honor but I know they needed to get out. I feel bad that I wasn't able to check my email soon enough to respond back. I'm soo sorry.

Glad you like the pictures. I love living here there is a picture opportunity around every corner that will take your breath away

Vicki Smith said...

I'm so thrilled for the "faith step" your family took when they moved away from all things familiar and headed for the mission field of Alaska. I know the Lord has grown your hearts and enriched your lives because of your faithfulness to take such a scary step. I know it hasn't always been easy and homesickness has a way of creeping in sometimes, but overall I'm assured that you've made memories you will always cherish and these are the "good old days" you'll someday look back on--even if you opt to stay in Alaska forever! :-) Make each and every day count! Live each day to the fullest, for the edification of Christ and His Church! I'm so proud of all of you.