Saturday, November 15, 2008

Cinderella's Night at the Ball


Last night was amazing fun. The hotel hosted the Governors Legacy Ball and I got the honor to work the coat check. Now normally I wouldn't say honor because its work big deal but last night was different.

I worked for the first 30 minutest or so up on the 10th floor the VIP cocktail hour. Preceding to get to meet 4 of our former Governors. (I work for former Gov. Hickel's son so making it 5) Along with mayors and all that like- slightly exciting but not really knowing anything about them so it wasn't uber exciting.

Lenny came up behind me asking me to assist some people with there coats. I turned around as they came through the back door and there stood a really tall slightly scary looking guy and behind him stood our governor- Sarah Palin, her husband Todd and their adorable youngest daughter Piper. My heart was racing and my brain was on overload trying not to say something dumb as I got took their coats from the guard. She asked if it was going to be a long night for us and I said "more like a long day- doing double tonight" They were talking about her being in FL earlier and I asked her if she was relieved to finally be home. She clicked the heels of her reddish pink shoes and said "There is no place like home, there is no place like home." We got a good laugh from that and even more so as Todd and Piper followed after the service guy singing "we're off to see the wizard the wonderful wizard of oz" I do believe this out beats seeing Elton John any day!

I moved downstairs to help the other girls with the rush as the VIP lounge was closed everyone had arrived that was to be there. In the process of going down I met two more former Governors- I had no clue all 8 were still alive- but made meeting them all really cool.

We are told that we are not allowed to ask for pictures, autographs or be intrusive in anyway. So it killed me to have my camera and not show proof of the night but I did get one picture that I think is adorable. I was to afraid to take a picture as they were walking by but I got Miss Piper skipping down the hall it was so cute- dressed and acting like such a young lady and then catching a moment of the little girl she is. I did take some other pictures as there was this trio that performed. They are Italian or played Italian Singers that were dressed up as our Event staff. I hate opera but it was entertaining as that was only a small part of the night. One of the guys hung around which made it fun- he had me convinced that he worked there *rolls eyes* - he was totally flirting - nothing wrong with friendly flirting hehe. As I was cleaning up one of the guys called me Cinderella and I said I can't be Cinderella got Prince Charming at the end of the night. The one guy said he'd be my Charming for the night and insisted on taking a picture with me. So cheesy I know . I said they were making me feel like a groupie but he said no friends cant be groupies so it was fun. They'll be performing tonight as well so it should be fun

I've got to head to the mall and get a white shirt for tonight. Wearing all black made me feel morbid and the sweater was way to warm.

Then I get to do last night all over again. Minus the excitement of meeting some great people. Not great as in the position they hold or what they represent but great as in they truly are normal people that you walk away having enjoyed meeting them.

8 comments:

Jessa Stephens said...

Way Cool Jenna!!! All of it!!

Jessa Stephens said...

That picture of the Govs is pretty neat.....!!

Grace & Co said...

That is SO cool!! You are such a lucky dog. Lol! I'm happy for you. =]

Momma Tammi said...

Very cool! I like the pic of Piper being a little girl.

cokelady said...

HOW FUN!!! It's SUCH a shame that you couldn't get any pictures of the truly famous people (except the one you snuck of Piper, of course!), but at least you had your picture taken with SOMEBODY! Ha! And at least he was the better looking of the four... ;-)

cokelady said...

Oh, and you're right--WAY better than meeting Elton John!!! :-)

The Middle J said...

LOL totally better then seeing Elton John.

Its something I wont forget thats for sure.

lol he is very good looking and hands down better looking then the rest lol

Tammy K. said...

Jenna that is WAy cool. How fun for you. all of it.