Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Pictures I Promised

The first seven I think were taken on Sunday. Saturday got long and all three of us were done but we hadn't gotten that one special picture that we all felt perfect for the type of engagement announcement they wanted. (yes we took engagement pictures before they were even engaged hehe) As a photographer I was getting rather bummed. You want every picture to be that great picture that takes a person breath away. They are good pictures, lots of variety as you go through them but you can just tell that I didn't succeed in making them comfortable and it shows in all but a few of the pictures. Those ones I call lucky shots- they probably didn't know I was snapping a picture at that time. So we decided to save time we'd go out to Alyeska on Sunday after church. Well the fog was horrible and turned around to head home not sure what to do. We ended up in Hillside and though the fog was still thick it had this whimsical look to the streets so I asked if they wanted to just take them on one of the back streets. They didn't care - so I pulled everything out and the first shot took my breath away- they didn't know I was taking pictures yet and so they were just standing close to stay warm. They had fun with a snow ball fight and we just basically went for a walk and I took pictures along the way. They were relaxed and so very happy I had blast capturing it in a picture. Nasty looking fog turned to be my assistant- I've made a mental note that when taking pictures I love fog- when driving I dont lol. So here are several pictures.














3 comments:

Jessa Stephens said...

They are SOOOO amazing Jenna!!! I feel very blessed!!!! Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOO very much....i know you spent a lot of time on the pictures...not just taking them, but working on them as well. YOU make us look good!!!! It's AWESOME!!!!!!!! love you LOTS!!!!!

Btw, lots of people at work have seen them and now are asking how much you charge!!! lol

Momma Tammi said...

You did good. I love the 6th one from the bottom. Fog is a very good friend. I have a photo shoot Sunday afternoon...I hope that I can capture the "wow" pictures as well.

Amy Anders said...

They are beautiful!!!!!!!!! The pictures bring how they were truly made for each other!!!!