Saturday, January 10, 2009

M.I.A

I've been a bit M.I.A I really haven't been up to much other then working. The cold's attack on our apartment has had me staying at mom and dad's until Thursday when finally got water flow back into our pipes and the temperature in the place went above 60 degrees.

Yesterday I got off work and spent the evening in my own place. Every been in a mood where you just want to be by yourself. Thats what I've been wanting. It was so relaxing and just what I needed. I had to head over to mom and dad's to send an email and thought I would post before I head out into the freezer to head back to my cozy apartment.


Next Saturday I have to (have to not want to) attend a black tie awards banquet. Its the hospitality star of the industry awards banquet in which I've been nominated to win the Star of the Industry in an accounting position or something like that. You are nominated by your peers per written essays and a committee choose a person from each department type from all nominees from all hotels in Anchorage. Everyone at works thinks it so cool but the idea of having to DRESS up and spend 5 hrs of my Saturday with the directors and owners of the hotel is really not on the top of my list. The part that is cool though is that I am nominated and even if I don't win (which I'd be the first to win in our office) I do get a nominee medal- so thats cool.

:-0 shocking we are above zero I just checked the temperature and its 1 degree out :-D LOL this is what we call a heat wave :P

2 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Congratulations on the nomination.

Vicki Smith said...

It's an honor to be nominated even though you aren't excited about the lah-di-dah dinner. Have fun and make the best of it. This will be one of those "good old days" memories you'll look back on.