Friday, January 16, 2009

I think I'm Alive

There are a couple of times I almost wish I wasn't. Not that I wish I was dead or anything more like wish I wasn't human and could go invisible or something. Things at work are crazy I missed the memo everyone must of got that said I had answers to all questions and problems 8-/ (does that looked like a stressed face I dont know lol) I've been told that a stress release is to happen before Feb 1. I'm being promoted to Assistant Credit Manager-I think all that is doing though is trading one stress for another (shrugs)the deadlines are going to be taken away as is the massive amount of customer service so I think it will be a better stress I'm getting lol.

This awards banquet is def. a memory maker and I think once its over I won't regret going. Its an testimony to be said of my that my peers think me worthy of the honor of this award which makes me feel guilty because one of the reasons I don't want to go is I'm around my co-workers more then I am my family or friends that its not top on my lists to spend a Saturday evening with them when there is a youth activity the same night :-(

I bought a simple black dress but I'm taking it back. I decided to wear a black dress I already owned to to save the money. I doubt anyone will remember it and I feel more comfortable in this one as its more modest- (just to clarify its not that the other one wasn't modest)

Now the challenge is to actually take back the dress and its components. I'm horrible at returning things. After Jessa, Megan and I got done shopping we all went back to the apartment and I pulled out a few bags of things that I could no longer return as I had forgotten about them and proceeded to give the articles of clothing to Megan. Hey at least they aren't going to waste. The bad weather isn't helping in getting back out to Dimond to take it all back.

Speaking of bad weather- how sad is it that we finally got wonderful warm weather and its made things nasty :( went from -20 on Saturday to 40 above today- how insane. Right now its raining like it was April. I'm not uncomfortable driving on the roads though slick as ice rinks there is this natural instinct that seems to kick in that I've done just fine even though this is first forme. Only think I can think of is its from being around these conditions all my life and watching Dad and Mom respond to the elements while driving. Though comfortable with it I'm not stupid to go out without a purpose. I was prepared to spend yesterday bored out of my mind as I knew Mom and Jo had dinner plans, Jessa was working and Dad was in Colorado. I wasn't thrilled at all about this so it made the surprise of the day even better. I had gone to lunch late and went to hide in my corner of one of the restaurants and was texting Micah back in forth never clicking that he was asking me where I was and what I was doing because he too was on his lunch break and looking for me. So when he called as me where in the restaurant I was I was pleasantly shocked. Just what I needed. I hate eating alone and it was one of those bad, horrible lonely work days that having a friend to share lunch with made the day a much better. I told him I'd be bored for the evening that if he and Megan wanted to come play games I'd be up for it :-) and they did :-) They brought Settlers which I've only played once but really liked because its not overly competitive (unless you play with Megan hehe) She won preventing me from getting another turn otherwise the game would have been mine :-)

The three of us left Mom and Dad's together and I headed home just to turn around about 3 hours later as the insane wind made it sound like someone was pulling our apartment apart. Between the wind, the shows from the moon shinning in my window and being home alone I managed to get myself all worked up and creeped out. Like a little girl prepare to go sleep with mommy and daddy- lol- I grabbed my pillow and blanket, clothes for work and hopped in my car and drove to my parents. I figured it was wiser to lose 15 minutes driving there then several hours tossing and turning in bed.

I'm so thankful its Friday- though its going to be a long one as I'll probably end up working up until I have to be at Band Meeting- (assuming its still on- we're not sure the condition of the parking lot- it very well could be an ice rink right now )


Soo thats been my week- I know its not entertaining but tomorrow is the Alaska Bridal Fair- which Mom, Jessa, myself and my friend Katie (and her mom I think) are going to have breakfast together and then go to the fair-now that Jessa has a church this fair will help us figure out where best to go for everything else (florists, cake, maybe photography (as she's tossing around a couple ideas there) invitations ect.) and then the Awards Gala is tomorrow night :-) so my life isn't so boring I guess LOL

3 comments:

Jessa Stephens said...

Oh I know!!! The wind was awful at the apartment last night!!! I left the lights on. Go figure.... =) hey, I really forward to, tomorrow!!! It's going to be GREAT fun!!!!!!! I didn't know mom was going...but I'm glad...it'll be fun!!

Momma Tammi said...

I've never been to a bridal fair...how was it? Lots of fun, I'm guessing. Be safe on those roads.

Momma Tammi said...

How was the awards banquet?