Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Have I Mentioned I'm Excited

First about the assembly- as I posted the link yesterday this years assembly's web page went live last night. I'm so excited about it. Not only is the video awesome but  Bro. Grayson programed the photo album to instantly show any pictures posted the image manager- in the past I not only had to wait to upload to the image manager but also for Grayson to the programing. So the plan if you check after each session you'll see stills from that session (probably more like check before each session to see stills from the session before)


Speaking of the link- its insane how much work went into a 3 minute video. I know Bro. Grayson put in not only a lot of hours but late nights putting it all together. Even what little I contributed took considerable time and late nights (if its a late night its even later for him) as the video is done in HD so it involved finding non-copyrighted photographs that were a substantial size- while also taking into consideration every picture would reflect on the church in some way. It got to the point we had to search outside of the easy free stock photo sights and do an extensive google search. It just opened my eyes even more of the great work the Church has ahead of her as we bring the word into ALL the world. The immorality that plagues this world is not only sickening but heartbreaking. 

I'm very thankful that Sis. Johnna did not desire to kill me for turning the picture of her in the Parade of Nations over to Bro Grayson for the web banner- its totally his fault though for the way its cropp
ed :P which I think looks amazing on the web page.

I leave a week from Saturday :-) and my how God is so good. Normally I'd be in super stressed mode but really I'm not. The A/R department is terrified of my leaving for a week  and not being able to reach me (I refuse to answer my phone and with a 4 hr time difference its not even an option during business hours). So they've been helping me make sure I have nothing pending on my desk while I am gone. I was actually bored yesterday at work as I got ahead of our data entry clerk so I had to wait for money to be keyed into the system before I could proceed. It was a nice change :-D

I've got a couple projects that must be done by Friday for people for the assembly and then the other thing I am excited about.

I've gotten several emails from the couple I'll be doing the photo shoot with on Sunday. They sound sooooo cool.
 Their wedding was very formal- her dress is gorgeous and he's renting his tux again which has tails and includes a top hat and cane. Along with that she has a beautiful cathedral veil.  Plus from the pictures they sent me of their wedding these two look like tons of fun. We're going out to Mchugh Creek- which Ive been wanting to actually shoot there sense we've done so much hiking in that area. Im expecting very whimsical, romantic fun pictures. 

Again God is so good- the person who refereed them to me was told a lower price then what I have posted on my photography blog which I was willing to honor but she wants to pay the correct price :-) God blesses in an abundance.

BTW I dont want anyone to think I am hiding something- I'll share it but please know I threw it together in about half a day and I know there are grammar errors galore as I've not taken the time sense to go back through it. The intent of it worked so Im not going to be embarrassed. I'm an accountant who loves photography not an English major/teacher.

so just click on this link  Photography by Jenna and you can check it out. REMEMBER is to was to showcase my photography quickly not my grammar skills because well one is definitely better then the other.

So I think that sums it up for tonight

3 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Your site looks great!

cokelady said...

Sis. Jenna,

I was wanting to ask if you would please take a few pictures during the ordination service for me. I would really appreciate it.

Brother James Horne

The Middle J said...

sis tammi - thank you its very basic right but it works. When i get my new computer in a couple months im hoping to do alittle more with iweb a

Bro. James- i can definitely do that for you