Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Summer to Fall to Winer in a Month

So when we left for the assembly summer was still present though fall temperatures were starting to make an appearance. When we left though everything was still very lush and green. When I came home I was greeted by crisp fall air and the golden colors of an Alaskan fall. On Friday Jackie and I went for a hike around the base of Flat Top- also known as Power Line Pass. The colors were breath taking and the view humbling. I still stand in such awe at what my Master has created. (both in me and in this beautiful state) It makes so many of my trails seem so trivial when standing over looking the such a master piece. If He can create all this majestic scenery then why do I question wither or not He can carry me through my trails. So humbling. Reminds me of the message dad preached on Faith on Sunday and the Assembly theme. I can't do this by my might, or by my strength but by His Spirit :-)

I got a little of coarse but I'm sure thats okay. On Friday everything looked like the pictures below on Monday morning when we got up the air was much chiller and the mountain tops were snow covered. The termination dust has coated the peaks of the mountains and this morning it didnt look like a coating but a caking of it. Winter isnt far away. How sad it feels like summer just came and went but what a beautiful perfect summer it was. I'm hoping for an equally great Winter but that would mean it needs to hold off longer in arriving. I want it to fall out during Thanksgiving :-) not that it matters what I want but its nice to dream.


Note: the picture of Jackie sitting wasnt do to a fall or laziness. She opted to sit down while waiting for me to get done taking pictures hehe









5 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Love the pics. Love the one of Jacki sitting...have you tried cropping off the part where the sunlight is to see how it would look? The sunset is gorgeous, but I absolutely love the one of the bird. Great job!

Vicki Smith said...

The pictures are breathtaking. Truly professional!

Tammy K. said...

great pictures Jenna

Grace & Co said...

The pictures are beautiful. :)

cokelady said...

Love the sky in the 4th pic. I'm not a bird person, but that one is terrific! And I love the stream and the sunset. :-)