Friday, September 25, 2009

For Sis. Becki

These pictures are ones no one has seen yet. I must have changed memory cards at the last minute when I realized Katie was getting baptized (which blogger got the pictures in order but not in order hmm- or it could have been me) as these never made it the website- which is not the worst of things. I try to be careful with what I put up on such a public access especially when it comes to children. Which you maybe wondering why then I'd put them up on here- the answer I get about 10 views a day instead of the 1,000+ that HQ website is getting with the broadcast archives being available. 


Obviously these are on the master dvd that is now in the possession of the media department. The dvd ended up with I think 1,020 pictures give or take a few. Anyway

I wasn't prepared for the change in how they did the healing line and so it became a scramble for me to find a location high enough to take pictures- the end result was standing on a chair in the media booth and still being to short. I finally gave up and went up into the choir loft to take pictures of the baptism and then use the zoom lens from there. I will say that I was not expecting for it to be so hot up there. I was about to head back down. I opened the door to stairway out of the choir loft and saw Katie and Sam. I got back just as Katie was walking into the water. Sis Becki your DVD will be in the mail on monday I just finished it last night. (wahoo all the pictures and DVDs are done- everything else is now being channeled through the media department haha hehe) I need Dad to get back so I can send it FedEx as our postal service here is HORRIBLE.

Not quite sure what the look means but I got a laugh from it hehe







I snapped the picture a second to soon as she sweetly gave grandpa a kiss on the cheek 


I know just about everyone who reads my blog was either at the assembly or was able to watch but I think I'll still share my favorite moments and my favorite pictures in the days to come.

4 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

THANK YOU for such wonderful photo memories you have provided for all of us! These are great pictures.

cokelady said...

Wow--thank you so much! So thoughtful of you to get all of these! I had no idea anybody got pictures of this, especially since Kate & Sam were about the last to be baptized. (Half-way through the service Sam was crying because he hadn't been baptized and he felt like he'd gotten saved at Camp this year. Katie was sure that she had backslidden somewhere along the way and needed re-baptized. I heard Sam telling another kid a month or two ago, "Actually... I've backslidded a whole lot of times...!" Ha! But at the Assembly he was pretty sure he was saved and needed to be baptized!)

I can't wait to get the DVD! And I think it's a GREAT idea for you to put your favorite moments and pictures on your blog. I always enjoy seeing what other people like best. :-)

The Middle J said...

Children are so precious!

Momma Tammi said...

I wasn't there and didn't get to watch much, so please share away!