Saturday, August 25, 2007

Gaurentee

Due to the uncertainty of flying stand-by and the fact that currently there are only 2 open seats and I still have 2 days to get through. Dad called me last night while I was hanging out with Katie and told me if a one-way down to Chicago was reasonable that they would help me get down there. I'm now leaving out on Monday at 8:00pm and arriving in Chicago at 4:55am which means I get to spend 5 more hrs in OHare airport- jumping for joy. Not really at least not the way one would think. I am though so thankful and so happy for the parents God has given me.

So this will be my day on Monday and Tuesday-

8:01 PM 27 Aug 2007
Anchorage, AK
4:55 AM Arrives Next Day 28 Aug 2007
Chicago, IL (O'Hare)
Flight: 7075
Class: Coach
United Airlines Boeing 757-200
On-Time: N/A
Meal: SnackOrBrunch
Travel Time: 5 h 54 m






9:35 AM 28 Aug 2007 1177 Chicago, IL (O''Hare)
Boeing 737-400
Charlotte, NC 12:25 PM 28 Aug 2007 Meal: None
Class: Coach
2:02 PM 28 Aug 2007 4323 Charlotte, NC
Dehavilland Dash 8-300
Chattanooga, TN 3:24 PM 28 Aug 2007 Meal: None
Class: Coach















I spent last night with Katie and had a great time... we talked with her boyfriend and a bunch of his buddies they were deployed last week and so she takes whatever time she gets to talk to him. We spent the rest of the evening eating, talking, laughing and watching movies...I dont know at what point I feel asleep but I know I woke up curled up at the end of her bed and feeling like I hadn't gotten more then a few hours of sleep. Katie's dad picked us up and took us to get coffee...he's a cool guy but way to much personality to take in on so little sleep. I got home took a second look at flights to make sure prices hadnt gone up and then proceeded to take a nap just to be waken up with Jeremy's mug in my face :-P a rather startling way to wake up. They wanted to know if I wanted to go to Hatcher Pass with them but had to pass - I had to get my ticket, work on my CPMA service (that I unsuccessfully tried to pass of to Jeremy) and then at some point I do need to go back to the apartment to pack. I'm not a last minute packer and the time crunch is really getting to me- I do have the majority of my laundry done so I shouldn't stress as much as I am...

My iPod is missing and I still have to go to WalMart to take my two left shoes back and get one right shoe and one left shoe :P

Monday I'll probably work until 5ish and then head right to the airport from there. One thing I'm excited about is now I dont have to wear business clothes to travel in. Thats required when traveling on stand-by but now I can wear a pair of jeans and a tshirt which is far more comfortable to curl up in then dress slacks and heels.

Okay got to go- got the ticket out of the way next thing on the list is my CPMA service.... laterz

3 comments:

Rebekah Doran said...

Thought I would let you know that Jacob stopped by last night when I was checking you blog and asked who's it was. He thought it was pretty neat. :)

The Middle J said...

Thanks! When is he heading back- we'll I get to see him on Tuesday at all ?

Rebekah Doran said...

He will be there Tuesday Morning I think. Hope you get to see him.