Saturday, August 18, 2007

I'm Going To The Assembly

I bought my ticket from Chicago to Chattanooga today. I'll arrive Tuesday August 28th at 3:24pm.

I'll be flying standby from Anchorage to Chicago on the 27th- I think my flight leaves here at 10pm and arrives at 6:59am (dont freak like I did- 3hr time difference ). I personally think OHare is the worst airport in all the world...yes I know I haven't been to every airport in the world- kind of wish I had that would be cool. Anyway I'll have a 2 1/2 hr layover in ORD then I fly to Charlotte which I've been there a few times and wont mind the 1 1/2 layover I have there before arriving in Chattanooga.

Return flight plans aren't has enjoyable. I depart Chattanooga at 9:38am for Charlotte and I have a 3 1/2 hr layover there- not to bad I can handle that- find a place to eat and such. Then my flight to Chicago leaves at 2:35pm and arrives at 3:35pm. If all goes well and I'm able to get on my standby flight then don't leave Chicago until 7:10pm thats more time then I want to spend in Chicago but considering my ticket was all of $360.10 I need not complain. I'll survive.

I'm worried about my flight to Chicago I'm so afraid of not getting on it and missing my connecting flight- there is only one flight to Chicago a day thats it...

Now that Ive got my ticket I'm refuse to stress over it- its in God's hands. I figured thats the best place for it considering all I can do now is pray that all works out and that I and everyone else has a safe trip and that we all come out of the Assembly truly blessed.

This all feels so odd to me....going to the assembly was a family vacation a family tradition. We'd leave out early in the morning- us girls would stay up all night out of excitement and crash with in an hour of traveling. I'm traveling alone this year, even in buying my ticket I was unable to get on the same flight home as Jo and mom. I've done so many things alone this year :-( I use to love it. Now I long for the complete opposite... Life needs to stop changing :-P

On a positive note I saw/reaped the benefit of working so hard. When I opened my check I let out a squeal- I was suddenly wide awake and in a really great mood. Katie kept coming into the office and saying "You still in a good mood" me "Yup Yup" Katie "Good this is entertaining" - for about 12 hrs a stressless Jenna existed it was great.

After going to the bank to deposit my beautiful check, went home check airfare and was contemplating flying out of Seattle or Chicago when Micah called. A couple hours later and after getting turned around a bit we ended up at Chili's eating FANTABULOUS food and great service to ;-)

I really enjoyed my day

My eye lids are getting heavy I need to get some sleep- yesterday Jer, Jes and I went to Flat Top to do some hiking (pictures soon to come) and now this busy slightly hyper day has me wanting extra sleep.

3 comments:

Rebekah Doran said...

Bummer, your going to miss Jacob's preaching.

Who all is getting to go to the Assembly this year? Just you, your Mom and Jo?

Momma Tammi said...

Yea! I'm so glad that you finally have your tickets purchased. Now I'll start praying that you make it on the standby flight.

Unknown said...

glad that you and your family were able to spend the time with Micah. I know that he likes to be as social as possible when he's in town... he doesn't like to be lonely.

A raise is always nice. Glad that you've found the perfect job.. hope you pass the same on to the rest of us.