Thursday, August 09, 2007

Not So Ordinary Day For A Not So Ordinary Girl

Want to know what my day thus far has consisted of..... paperwork, giving blood, more paperwork, almost passed out and now they want me to eat..... I'll pass on the eating for a little bit longer. Im almost to the point if the hotel nurse comes back to check on me and offer me more blah cookies I may actually lose my stomach. :-P

I also was informed yesterday that they are giving me a raise in pay. Perfect timing to because they are making it affect this whole check. God is Good.

Alaska has been insanely warm lately and I was complaining at how hot it was in our office (there is no ac in tower 2 and 3 of the hotel- I'm in the basement of tower 2) Amie my boss asked me if I needed anything and I said "a raise would be nice actually skip the raise put the money into an air conditioner" She looked at me funny and told me to come see her in an hour. I thought I had done or said something wrong but she just wanted to apologize for not giving me a formal review and that she wouldn't be able to until after I got back from my trip but that she had gone ahead and put in a pay incress for me. Like I said perfect timing as I still haven't gotten my plane ticket for the assembly. I was going to get it last week with my paycheck but bills kind of consumed all but a few pennies- hate when that happens. That means though that this next check is 100% free and can go towards the assembly.

To cool I'm sitting outside of the hotel bakery kitchen because I get a good signal here. At first I thought I was hearing things but there is Southern Gospel music coming from there. Joe Hickel (he's the head baker but also part owner of the hotel) is in there baking away and playing the Gathers. I'm slightly impressed .

I've officially rambled enough sorry... I got a few minutes to spare that I'm gonna work on probably the most complicated blog concept one has given me thus far. It shouldn't be this complicated but I haven't gotten my Photoshop program back so its adding to the challenge... I like a good challenge so its all good.

Love you all

J

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear that you are coming to the GA. We will be glad to see you.

Momma Tammi said...

Can hardly wait to see you! We leave on the 19th! We are going to actually spend our anniversary in Seattle, sightseeing...Space Needle...here we come! ~grin~

Momma Tammi said...

Oh I forgot! We took Jeremy to Deception Pass tonight and actually made the trek down to the beach. You remember we thought that we had better not go any further down because we might not make it back up? Well...the part that we did was the worst of it. Go figure! It was gorgeous and yes, I took pictures. ~smile~

The Middle J said...

yet another reason for another visit hehe

Momma Tammi said...

Okay, I'm officially flurbed out! What happened to your background? No way is the Queen of Blog Backgrounds using a stock background?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What gives?

The Middle J said...

I'm lacking inspiration for a new design and I'm tired of all the black and so I finally just had to make it go away. There is no way it will stay this way long hehe