Friday, September 28, 2007

No Work- All Play

Well a little work. I did mange to bring money in for the company though I don't think enough to cover paying their accountants to play.

Today was a kick off for October United Way Drive. We served hot dogs and had a dunk tank. The theory that Accounting never works is not our fault (2/3 of the month we actually do work amazingly hard) but the fault of the owners of the hotel. Just shortly after 11am we were asked to come up and run the dunk tank. We were only suppose to be up there for 30 minutes but 30 minutes quickly became 3 hrs. It was a load of fun though. Every time I would actually make an attempt to go back to my office to work one of the Executive would put a donation in and tell me throw their balls for them they at no time didn't want anyone not up to throw. Normally their concern for apperance would have annoyed me but hey it brought in over a $1,000 for the charity. By 1pm when our Director of Operations got in the tank channel 11 News was out there so to my knowledge me and a few of the other girls will be on tv tonight making dorks of ourselves. To fun! I was slightly and I do mean slightly impressed to see Mr. Hickel (the owner of Captain Cook) out there cooking hot dogs and participating and he did it all before the cameras arrived. It was really fun and I got to meet employees I wouldn't have gotten to meet other wise.

Being out in the cold air all day and laughing so much though has worn me out. I was a good employee though and did get my work done.

Its was a great day- hope ya'll have a great weekend

Love -J

2 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Sounds like a great perk to a job that could be VERY stressful at times. Glad you had a blast.

The Middle J said...

It was a nice perk and fun for the end of the week especially considering Monday starts the stress of my job - but its all job security so its all good :-D