Friday, October 05, 2007

But it Feels Good

My job has perks to it...one being free use of the athletic facilities and with that means free athletic training from my co-workers. I sat down with James and Whitney on several occasions and asked what I can do to get in shape. I want to lose weight but the focus is getting in shape. There is a big difference to the two. I sat and listened but the last two days put what they told me into effect. In one days time Ive lost 4 lbs...Whitney reminded me today that not to bust my bubble but its water weight. Thats fine with me you've got to lose that too. He wrote out a list of things he wanted me to do today and Tuesday when I work out. I just got done with my 40 q minute work out and 10 minute cool down. So heres what he told me to do- down to the minutes

treadmill- 1 minute walk at 3.5 speed
3 minute sprint at 6.5-7.0 speed
1 minute walk at 3.5 speed
3 minute sprint at 6.5-7.0 speed
2 minute cool down at 4.0 speed
(yes thats only a 10 minute treadmill work out) for me that was about a mile- I dont pay attention to collieries because again Im not focusing on losing weight but conditioning my muscles.

Elliptical
2 minutes at mid resistance (make sure your core is tight)
2 minutes at high resistance (giving it all ya got- with your core tight)
2 minutes at mid resistance (make sure your core is tight)
2 minutes at high resistance (giving it all ya got- with your core tight)
2 minutes at mid resistance (make sure your core is tight)
2 minutes at high resistance (giving it all ya got- with your core tight)
3 minutes at mid resistance (core staying tight)

(again yes thats only a 15 minute work out) for me that was about 2 miles

Then 12 reps (core tight at all times) on the Nautilus equipment I do about 55lbs with slow fast reps.

My legs and arms are shaking but it feels good. My stomach and gluts (the core) yeah well lets say I can feel my work out lol

It feels good to be active and I end up sleeping better too. I'm looking forward to the 15th thats when Whitney's circuit training/ body condition classes start in the afternoon so I can do that on my lunch break. Whitney is awesome he pushes me to push myself... I find when Im on my own and I start tiring out its way to easy to say Im done and go plop myself in the steam room or sauna.

I'm excited- I told James I couldn't work out one day because I actually had a life for once and he came back and he said if you don't take care of you body you wont have a life anymore... to true to true

Im starving :-D

Im off in search of food :-)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

i get what you mean about pain being good. i feel best when i've worked out. it's energizing as well as exhausting!

Grace & Co said...

Working out always makes me feel good too. I just have to change up my routine all the time because I get bored easy.

The Middle J said...

Thats what James stressed to me- that you've got to mix it up. It'll be interesting to see what he'll have me to do on Monday. I know it involves jump roping. It may sound silly but jump roping is an insane work out...if you do it right it becomes an awesome cardio work out...

Have I mentioned how much I like my job. I could never afford Whitney and James's training. They make working out enjoyable too. So not only does it feel good but its fun- its work but its fun work.

Unknown said...

you're not kidding about the jump rope thing. you know, that is nate's main exercise and he wows me so much when he does it. man. i've never seen someone sweat so much.

don't have to go to a gym to get a good workout

The Middle J said...

Thats how this all started- I was working so much overtime I went to the guys and asked what I could do at home because I kept missing there circuit training class. They told me jump rope for 15-20 minute and you'll end up with a better work out then a 3 mile run and its 100x better on your joints.

The other good work out for at home is whats called a flamingo or some call it corn pickers- its such a simple work out with a 5lb weight that works the core. So between those and jump roping I really wouldn't have to go to the club lol

Grace & Co said...

I love jump roping! The kids and I used to jump rope all the time when we were younger. You don't realize what an amazing workout it is when you're just playing a simple game with the kids.

What's the flamingo/corn pickers?

Kasey said...

Good for you Jenna!! That is great! I used to work out a lot before Damon and me's wedding. Then I let it slip and gained my weight back. It feels good to get into a groove and be accomplished. I am trying to get back into that groove now. :)

Kasey said...

Good job! Sounds great!

Kasey said...

sorry....I thought it didnt post the first comment :(