Sunday, November 25, 2007

I Get to Go Home

I'm fighting tears partly because I think my body is shutting down but also because I feel overwhelmed.

In probably a period of 30 minutes I went through such a emotional and spiritual mind battle. I got safely into Seattle but I knew before leaving Reno that the flight that had been good before I left Phoenix was now sold out - not over sold but sold out. Thats when the battle started. Do I go on faith fully trusting that the Lord is going to get me on that flight or work a miracle and get me on another. Is it not trusting Him if I spend money I need to save to get me a confirmed way home. After exhaust all options- such as flying into Juneau or Fairbanks and then catching a flight on Monday to Anchorage from there- nope that didn't work over booked there too. I called dad at work to see if he could find something that I couldn't - nope he was looking at the same bright red negative numbers indicating # of seats available (or lack there of) I had mentioned yesterday possibly buying a ticket when the flight got tight but still had possibilities mom suggested I wait. No need to spend money when there is a chance I could get on.

While on the phone with dad I took a look at all the websites to see what would get me home. Still struggling because every part of me felt like I hadn't put enough faith into but yet I couldn't see any other way. It got worse Cheap tickets no flights, Expedia no flights, "Lord how am I to get home!!" Orbitz 1 ticket remaining....and cheaper then anything I looked at when I originally bought my ticket.

I bought the ticket still filling like I should have looked harder for another way, trusted a little more, then I realized something so obvious yet so hard for my mind to grasp at first. This was God providing- He provided that one ticket, and with in my means. I for the briefest of moments then wondered what I was going to do that took a good chunk of my pay check... :-D God will provide ... how I do not know... when I do know...but I do know He will.... reminds me again our ways our not His ways...

I finally found food (not easy at 12am), aspirin for this horrific headache, and now I'm in search of someone where to doze for 2 hours before I have to go pick up my checked luggage and check in to my flight home.

I had a wonderful vacation but after the last 5 hrs I'm ready to go home.

To cheer me up and so you aren't left with such a depressing post here are some pictures...


the "Model" couple


practicing their circus act


Brotherly love ?


Such beauty... I loved it







to cool for school


Seeing the Clarksons was icing on an already perfect cake


The world is his runway- Paul- America's next top model ...or not


Going pro...me not him :P




Girl time *Kisses*


with that I say good night


2 comments:

Kasey said...

I am glad you had a great time!!

Pam said...

Wow it sounds like you had a great time. I'm sorry that you had such a hard time getting home. I can't wait to see engagement pictures.