Monday, March 31, 2008

So Old

Mom has been receiving many cracks about her age. I hope to be able to keep with a group of 10 18+ year olds when I'm her age. The weekend activities have caught up with me and I feel worn out to the bone.

On average I'm in bed by 9:30-10 pm but the last 4 nights its been more like 11pm- 1am before I crawled into bed.

Mom has told you about Jackie and Josh coming over on Thursday. They arrived in perfect timing as I was in desperate need of a good laugh and some fun. I didn't lose Monopoly but if you've read mom's blog you know I didn't win but it was fun none the less. Between Mom, Josh and Jackie and myself we've managed to collect a large verity of games to play that its made game nights a blast. Josh and Jackie dropped me off at home and I picked up the living a little before crawling into bed about midnight

Friday was my one year anniversary with Hickel Investments/Captain Cook Hotel I was given 2 hours free time and used it to leave early with pay. After Katie a co-work of mine got of work we had a girls night involving lots of laugh and Chili's... I was so excited to go to Chili's so I could have my Memphis rub Baby Back Ribs. :-( their smoker was not working so I was unable to get my mouth wondering meal. I settled for broccoli cheese soup which was so very yummy and almost made up for not getting my ribs. I had fun and got to meet some of her boyfriends military buddies as we ran into them at Freddie's. We called it a night just before 1am rolled in. I'm to old for late night like that lol but loved every minute of it.

Saturday I woke up at 9am awake and ready to clean. I got my clothes together to do laundry. Then got the sink, tub and toilet soaking with bleach water in it so it would be easy to scrub after I got my room straightened up. I got half way through getting my room in order when mom called to take me shopping. Couldn't have been more perfect timing. I was trying to put a load of towels in and couldn't our stupid washer to fill with water. Asked mom if I could just load the car up with my laundry and do it at their place. I like doing laundry there because it all gets done and folded and gets put away. When I do it at the apartment it tends to just get put unfolded in a laundry basket until its worn next. (Thats my confession for the day :-P) I did 6 loads of laundry while we had a cook out and played games. Mom and Dads place was busting with youth. Josh and Jackie treated us with yummy shish kabobs. I don't like the taste of peppers but the flavor on the meat with the pineapple that they put with it was delicious. The house seems so small when everyone is over but it felt so cool to have that many people around. Present for the first cook out of the season was mom, myself, Josh, Jackie, Jacob, Joleesa- two of Jo's friends Jazi and Taja, Matthew, Megan and Micah. I ended up staying at mom and dad's because it was so late.

Sunday night a group of us went to Village Inn like normal afterwards Dad, Tim, Larry came over to help set up Bertha (which I mentioned below) I stayed up rearranging things a bit before going to bed at midnight.

It was a long weekend full of fun but I wish I could have had more sleep.

My goal tonight is to clean up a bit more and enjoy a movie and calling it an early night.

Jessa and I aren't crazy messy people that has me cleaning my apartment all the time now that she is out at sea. We've just neglected the little things lately. I'm hosting Aprils youth bible study and so I have some cleaning to do.

0 comments: