Sunday, August 31, 2008

Red, White, Blue, Purple

I see those colors in my sleep- but its all worth it. Yesterday Mom and I went shopping. Not Mom's and my normal shopping trips. This one involved Michael's, Joanne's and the Bible Bookstore. At Michael's I was able to get all about two things I need to complete the banners that we've been working on. I all but had a heart attack at the prices of things. I dont know how many times mom and I mentioned how much we wished for a Hobby Lobby but then again who knows what even the prices they would have if they were up here. We headed to Joanne's for the rest of the things on our list I was getting frustrated as I needed fringe and wasn't finding anything that would work or the price I needed . Just as I was about to figure out a plan b I found exactly what I had in mind and it was priced perfectly. So we had two successful trips so far. The third one to the Bible bookstore turned to be unsuccessful. Bro Nowling sent us to look for a cross for the pulpit and we thought for sure we would find something there and we did but not about to pay $25-$30 for a small wood cross. After calling it quites for the day we headed home. I would like to make it known I walked into a bookstore and not only did not buy a book but did not buy ANYTHING. Im so proud of myself. hehe Thats a big accomplishment for me.

We picked up Megan and then Mom, Dad and Jessa left for the fair. It didn't take us long to completely take over the kitchen and living room. Scrapes of red, white, blue and purple felt covered the table and floor, newspaper laid out on the floor held the dowels that I stained and the counter had the dowel ends that were freshly stained. After a supper break we went back to work and the end result had Megan and I both looking like we bathed in fairy dust. The banners look great we have a little sewing left to do and we have one banner to fix as we did more talking then paying attention. Unless that is we change A.B.M. to A.M.B. lol Dad was the one to catch it as he was looking through my pictures he asked what A.M.B was I was simply said "Assembly Band Movement" not catching what he said. He said that was new to him and then it clicked. Its not so much work to fix that I cant laugh at it. They're not anything fancy but I think they look great and they're not even done yet.


Service this morning was great from the start of Sunday School as we talked about walking by faith to the special song that Sis Mack song about there being victory for us- such a treat. Bro Mack brought this mornings message and he preached about the time being and we have a work to do and we need to do it quickly. Tonight is the first VLB service and I know Mom shares the excitement over having more room to do demonstrations. Also tonight Dad er Bro Nowling will be making the appointments for the year. Im excited because now we can prepare for the new church year. I'll have more pictures to share after service tonight as Megan and I just finished the banners. I'm beyond happy with how they turned out.

Also does anyone have a picture of the Church flag waving outside- or if not could someone take a picture of for me. We don't have an out door flag and Im in need of a picture for a project I have in mind. You can email me @ jenna_nowling@hotmail.com- I would appreciate I lost the one I took at BTI a few years ago when my hard drive crashed last year.

1 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

You and your Mom are BOTH the good ones! Thanks for the newsy post.
If I'm not mistaken, AMB is the proper abbreviation for the Spanish folks--maybe you could trade them? *kidding* The banners look great! I'm glad you guys are having so much fun decorating and fixing up your new space. That's so great!
I have a really pretty picture of the Church flag with a sunset in the background. Are you interested in that? Or are you wanting a daytime shot?