Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Shoulda Woulda Coulda

I should have blogged when I could have last week before things became fuzzy- or is that because Im just tired hmm

Anyways I was the last one to fly out for Minnesota- I dont like this trend same thing happened on the trip to the Assembly- its rather lonely. Jackie was so great to walk up early to take me to the airport. I had her drop me off at the main terminal because that is where Dad said Sun Country flew out- He lied- well not really he just was wrong :-P So after a momentary freak out because I couldn't get any information from anyone at the airport where the shuttle was to go to the other terminal. After dealing with a bad connection on joleesa's end finally got to talk to Jessa and she directed me over there. I breathed a sigh of relief once safely where I needed to be. I was excited because I had just over an hour to spare so I was going to get breakfast in the restaurant on the other side of security. Reached in my purse to get my wallet out so that I could check in. No wallet. Checked my laptop bag to see if for some blonde brainless reason I threw it in there. No wallet. Then I remembered that I ordered out supper the night before - dread just washed over me as I realized my wallet- meaning my i.d., and my money were all sitting on the coffee table at home. There was no momentary freak out at this point but pure panic. I got a cab as I lost it on the phone with mom explaining my careless stupidity. I explained to the cab drive that he had an hour to get me from one side of town to other and back again in less then 1 hr. He told me he'd take care of me and to breath that it was going to be okay. We got to talking about why I was going to Minnesota and what brought us up here to Alaska, and from there it moved from tithing, divorce and remarriage, to the gifts of the Spirit. That was just on the way to the house. I ran in snatched up the missing wallet and flew back out the door. Glanced at the clock on the dash and he had 20 minutes to get me back to the other side of town in morning traffic. I sadly also looked at the meter and about gasped realizing that it was going to double by the time we got back. He picked up the conversation where we left off this time asking about our world missions. By the time he got back to the airport I was out $60- I didn't have one of dad's cards on me but I did have Sis. Connie Wilson's so I explained that the information on the front was not for anyone in Alaska and wrote Dad's and the church information on the back and invited him out to Church. He was so excited and I thought to myself it would be worth every penny I paid for that ride if he came out to church. I got a thump in the head by Sunday evening when I was so bummed that I spent all of that money and he didn't even come out to church but you can't put a price on the seed that was planted. God used my careless stupidity for good- I was blessed by it and I pray that all that he and I talked about stays at the fore front of his mind.

The rest of the trip went so much better but then it doesn't take much to get better then that. Both my flights went GREAT! and I really dont care to fly for awhile. Now that my feet wont be leaving Alaskan soil for awhile my time is being put into catching up with all my work at work ( using moms word Ugh!)I've got 5 auxiliary banners to do that went from simple to time consuming but thats okay there is no rush and it will be fun if Jackie and Megan help as well- girl bonding time LOL. Other then that if Im not working then Im catching up on my sleep.

I know so boring. I'll add pictures to this once I get home. The internet at work keeps going in and out which its not worth the frustration. So more to come :-D

2 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

That's some story! I suppose you'll be much more careful in the future to make SURE you have your ID with you. I usually get this sick feeling in my stomach just THINKING about the possibility of me arriving at the airport with no ID or money. It helps remind me. :-) Mr. NEVER-FORGET-ANYTHING James Horne once left the diaper bag containing all $$$ and ID in the parking lot of a motel and didn't miss it until they tried to check in at the airport. I can't remember for sure about the money but the ID was intact when they went back for it, so they were able to board the plane. That's no way to start a trip! HA!

The Middle J said...

It was a rough way to start the trip for sure and you better believe i'll triple check neck time that all needed ids, money and such are on my being before walking out the door. lol

I need to use more of my brainless moments for better use as well. lol