Monday, September 29, 2008

Guess What I Got...

Thats right PICTURES and tons of them. Most of which you'll have to wait to see until Grandma Tammi has a chance to share then I'll put them in an album on my website.

Friday after lunch it became a total Jenna, Joleesa time. We took a drive out to Beluga Point, the drive itself was worth it. We got there and start climbing up on the hill that we normally climb up. We noticed the tide coming and knew if we climbed all the way to the other side we would be stuck for a good two hours, so we walked across the beach, played on the rocks and made our way to a smaller mound, hill. This didn't take any effort to climb at all we got to the top and Joleesa and I just sat there talking and enjoy the beautiful weather and the amazing view. I know there are other places to go that are beautiful in the Anchorage area but there is something about Beluga Point that I love some much. It just takes a short climb and you are suddenly almost 360 degrees surround by water and mountains. The hill blocks out almost all sounds of the road and you so easily get lost in God's glorious creation. I've sat out there a time or two having gone out there with several people but I've climbed to a spot where I'm complete off by own. I've cried on those rocks, I've left burdens on those rocks, I've been humbled on those rocks, I've been encouraged on those rocks, I've left every time with such a peace that it continues to draw me back. Joleesa and I hiked back down and the tide had come in making it so we couldn't cross along the beach, not that we needed to, so we plopped down on a large piece of drift wood and soaking in the beautiful day. Neither of us wanting to leave. We finally did and stopped at McHugh Creek so Joleesa could use the restrooms that are there. While she did that I walked down to the falls and hiked up along them a couple feet. The water was rushing so much from all the rain that I didn't feel comfortable going up the wet rocks with my camera in hand so I sat down and wait for joleesa on a rock that hung over the bottom of the falls. We were both hungry other wise I would have begged to hike up the Suicide Peak Trail (which its called that because you you can walk out on some of the cliffs that hang over the road- the suicide rate there almost takes the appeal of way but I just now read about it as I couldn't remember how McHugh was spelled :-P)

After that we made a run to Fred Myers to get food for dinner. NEVER GO GROCERY SHOPPING HUNGRY- we proved why you shouldn't do that lol but the food was so good. We decided to take advantage of the fact the evening was just as great as the afternoon and grilled out. I wantes steaks and nothing in the coolers looked good so we went the meat section of the deli and picked out two nice New York strip steaks. My eyes slightly bulged at the price but every penny was worth it. Joleesa and I cooked up the steaks, a yummy salad, green beans, and vanilla ice cream with strawberries and chocolate for dessert. We watched a movie together and then she called it a night as she had to work in the morning.

I got up at 9 and bummed around the house picking up here and there and then headed out with Tim to pick up the sandwich wraps, fruit tray, and veggies for the veggie tray for the Lillian's Baby Shower. Ran a couple more errands and then headed home. I cleaned Mom and Dad's house while fixing Tortillini for supper. I have been craving it for weeks. Joleesa and I were just finishing up when Mom and Dad got home. They were barely home long enough to notice their clean house before we headed out to the church to clean, and touch up a few last things before the dedication. It was a beautiful, busy weekend- and a very long Monday- I'm ready to go to my apartment and enjoy my own clean abode. Well semi clean- I was to tired Saturday night to touch and I had my CPMA service to work on. Thats a whole other story

2 comments:

Jessa Stephens said...

We live in the most beautiful place don't we!!! Glad you and Joe got to spent time together. Sounds like you both had a good time. =)

Vicki Smith said...

It makes me so happy for you guys to realize how beautiful Alaska is. I know there was a lot of homesickness and feeling out of place when you first went there, but you've settled in and made it home and that's so wonderful! I think we should endeavor to feel at home WHEREVER the Lord places us. I'm doing my best to feel at home in Cleveland, TN. ;-) I think I personally would have an easier time in Alaska, but that's not where God has placed me. But since YOU'RE the blessed ones to get to be there I'm so glad you're seeing the beauty and appreciating it. These are the good-ole-days you'll look back on. Enjoy them!