Monday, October 06, 2008

Yuck!

How can ya'll say that we're lucky. IT OCTOBER and its snowing- not lucky- more like YUCK! (yes right now -coming down rather hard)- the slush um I mean snow turned to ice- leaving everything looking rather crystallized- rather pretty- at least through the window. I contemplated pulling out my camera to take pictures- then I opened the door and quickly decided that it wasn't to pretty after all :-P I'm not ready to spend the next few months cold. I hate wearing layers- and I've got only a few sweaters that I still like- I pulled them out this weekend and wondered why I bought a few of them- oh well.

Circuit training started today and I ended up having Whitney to myself. My shoulder has been bothering me so it was nice to have show me how to work out that would help it and not make it worse. I can feel muscles I have forgetton I had. I shared with him my weight loss goal and he said that I could reach it by May for Katie's wedding. I asked if I was going to have to kill myself to do it- he laughed and said not if I trust him- I dont know if I want to do that but at the same time I want to get back in shape. Speaking of Miss Katie's wedding. She's asked me to take her and Dave's engagement pictures- I told her I couldn't say yes but I wouldn't say no. I would have so much fun doing- they are just a chill couple to be around- and as odd as they are I do get them and I would have fun capturing their maturishly kidish relationship (that makes sense only if you've met them) on camera. The part that keeps me from saying yes is they live in Denver and they will until a month before the wedding. I may try to talk them into waiting for their pictures until April- maybe the snow will be gone by then. Though there are places in Denver that I've seen online that would be such a great background for such a great couple. Oh well.

Oh oh guess what. guess what :-D I won a photo contest- well came in 2nd. One of the photo forums I lurk on does subject challenges. I never enter anything of mine as there are some amazing professional photographers on there. I had shared a picture with one of the photographers on the website that has been great at giving me advice- to see if the way I edited the picture worked. She loved it- and emailed me back. With the title don't kill me. I couldn't possibly imagine what she did that would warrant a title like that. She entered my photo in the weekly challenge under my name. I had titled the picture -Precious Anticipation- and I guess the weekly challenge was the word Precious. She told me that passion sparks talent and that I can't be intimated by the phrase " Paid Professional" because I've got amazing fresh talent. Aww how sweet :-P The first place was a mans hand with a little baby hand grasping his finger. Truly precious, and truly first place worthy. I can't share it because its copy righted and you have to be a member to view but it gave me inspiration for when little Adelaina is born - Im sure Anthony will be more then happy to be my model. After I took this picture of Alisha (a girl I work with- Anthony is her husband and Adelaina is due to arrive in November) he's been begging to take a pictures of the two of them together but the Army has been rather demanding of his time and so far we haven't been able to arrange a time. I also want to shoot him in his uniform some time- which he is also willing to do for me- we need to do that soon as there is a possibility of him being deployed in Feb. :-( Its so precious to see how excited he is about this little girl of his. :-D

So though I find this snow yucky I did have an exciting day.

0 comments: