Monday, November 10, 2008

Where Did It Go!

My Weekend that is. I felt like I actually had my own weekend for once. I found out Thursday that the Girls Party at our place was actually official. I had heard it mentioned once maybe twice but didn't recall hearing that it was a for sure thing. Odd I know considering it was at my place but Jessa knew so thats all that mattered as long as she was willing to do the last minute cleaning. Now that I can drive myself I went into work early on Friday so I could get off early. Drove home to do my part of cleaning up my heart nearly bursted (not a word I know) with excitement. Jessa had the place sparkling. For the most part living with her isn't so bad but the one thing we fight about is who cleans the apartment more and blah blah. So seeing it clean- no clean puts it mildly but I can't think of a good adjective. Now that I didn't have a visible area of the apartment to clean I tackled my room and got that ready with time to take a shower and a few minutes to spare before Jessa and Megan got there with all the funness (again I know not a word). My tired mind and body wasn't quite sure if it had the energy to have that kind of fun but it did. It was relaxing and fun at the same time. I crawled into bed shortly after midnight mentally ignoring the fact that our beautifully clean apartment didn't sparkle anymore because I was gone- out cold by the time my head hit the pillow. My alarm went off at 7am attempting to prompt me out of bed to get dressed for work. I looked at it and shut it off- changing my mind on going to work in the morning instead of the afternoon. I rolled over and slept till 10am. Made me happy thats what you are suppose to do on Saturdays :-)

I went into work at noon and nothing could have kept me there past 4. Made a run to Target and called it a night.

Sunday was great. Sunday School was very good I had to hold my tongue into submission there was somethings that I wanted to say but knew that it wouldn't have been said in the best spirits so I simply stayed quite at those times.

I had chosen to fast the noon meal as I desired God to truly bless us in our Communion and Feet Washing service. So I went shopping with Mom.

As 5pm came and went and as those coming from work rolled in at 5:30 the Devil made an attempt to rob the service of a good spirit but failed. I do believe everyone there got blessed. Not only for their obedience in partaking of what God's instructed us to do but also for their faithfulness to attend.

I have a question- does anyone feel that it is a hindrance to take pictures during Communion? This was our first service in our new place that I really wanted to but wasn't sure and didn't want anything to be a hindrance but also wish I had the pictures for our local website as I've taken pictures of all the activities sense we've been there. I can't go back in time but am curious to see what people feel about it.

The fellowship between services was great. We decided to go ahead and join the men in the Sunday School room and have a casual WMB service. Song service sounded so good in there- almost like there was double the people. Then Jessa shared about having a Story. I think I took the service differently then what mom did (as she's blogged about it) or even as Jessa intended it to be. She shared the lyrics to a song I've heard a few times and they truly reached down deep and spoke to my heart as for the first time I payed attention to the words. The song is called "Here I Am" by Downhere
this is the chorus and second verse:


Here I am, Lord send me
All of my life, I make an offering,
Here I am, Lord send me
Somehow my story is a part of Your plan,
Here I am

When setbacks and failures, and upset plans
Test my faith and leave me with empty hands
Are You not the closest when it's hardest to stand
I know that You will finish what You began

And these broken parts You will redeem
Become the song that I can sing "

There are sorry were some struggles in hurts in my life that I had a hard time giving up- parts of the story of my life that I didn't understand- but what does it matter its part of His plan- So Lord Here I Am. I got to that point of surrender this summer. I could never put into better words to describe the conclusion I came to get to that point then what the second verse says. Brings me back to the plaque I have on my wall "Prayer: When Life Gets to Hard to Stand... Kneel"

Needless to say the song is now in my music library along with the rest of the cd.


Now that I've typed this all out it does seem like my weekend was rather long but it sure flew by because work today came all to soon.

(keep scrolling down for pictures- didn't seem fitting to put green faced girls with this post)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hey you got a cute one of lillian- and i'm glad the one of the four of us turned out good. as you can tell, the one she took with my camera turned out kind of crooked. i'll have to rotate it and play around with it to get it turn out good.

i finished Whirlwind- i like it! i actually read the books in order, but spaced enough that i had forgotten some part- like that Sydney from fancy pants and this Sydney the wife of Big Tim were the same-

but i really enjoyed it. i'll have to buy these other three books

she's a really good author!

i hope you're feeling better. see you wednesday.

The Middle J said...

Lillian doesn't make it a challenge to take cute pictures of her- I have several but didn't want to go Lillian over board :-P

Mine wasn't straight either I edited it before posting-its to dark but Im to lazy to do any serious editing on it.

Mary Cathy Hake is one of my favorite authors- I have another one that she wrote with a couple authors that I love.

Thanks I've felt fine sense Saturday

Grace & Co said...

It sounds like you had a really good weekend. I'm happy for you! =]

God bless you friend!

Vicki Smith said...

I've only taken pictures at one Communion service that I can think of, but I'm so glad I did. It was a very special service at a Ladies' Retreat 4 years ago. Brother Smith and Brother Carter came to the Retreat to serve the Communion and the decor was so beautiful and the spirit was so sacred--the only lights were candlelight and I was able to discretely slip around and take a couple of shots. They turned out really well and are a beautiful reminder of a very special evening.