Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Real Post

Saturday's Bridal fair was so much fun. We (Jessa, Mom, Joleesa and myself) met up with Katie, Dave (Katie's fiance), Fran (Katie's mother) and Alisa (a friend of both of ours) for breakfast before heading to the fair. I was a bit worried that mom and Jes may feel left out or that it would be awkward as this was the first time they had really met everyone. Fears were unjust conversation flowed and everyone enjoy great food and company. The 7 of us headed downtown (Joleesa went home) and proceeded to see what Anchorage venders could offer to the two brides. I was in heaven talking with all the photographers this one lady gave me some great tips and even some of her favorite spots to shot. Told me that the fair was the best way to get my name out there. Maybe someday I'll consider taking my photography to that level.

After the fair I had to rush home to get ready for the dreadful evening that I was trying to convince myself to enjoy. It lived up to my fears it was a looooooong night with horrible food and the hotel only brought home three awards-one of our bartenders, and one of our sales mangers and then the hotel as whole won the big award of the evening- out of I think 18 categories and nearly 40 nominees. So needless to say it was a skunk of an evening for us. Though as we were told before the Gala that even if we don't win we should consider it an honor and be proud of the work we do and I am. I have my nominee star hanging in my office. A reminder of my hard work and to keep it up.

Though it wont be my office for long. My job goes up for hire either tomorrow or Thursday. :-) Anyone interested the job makes good money :-) LOL- In case you haven't read or have forgotten my previous post. I've received a promotion. As soon as we find someone to fill my current job I'll be the Assistant Credit Manager. Its comes with an acceptable raise. I would have liked more but then don't we always haha. They had offered something similar back in August but they didn't make it worth leaving my comfort zone. In a sense I'm putting myself at risk as I'll be more subjected to other directors and the owner. Where I am now I'm shall we say an asset they'd be insane to dispose of (not meaning to sound full of myself)but once I pass the knowledge off I'm a little more disposable if something goes wrong :-S But I think its worth it- I think its the right move. I was praying for something different to open up because I was starting to hate my job and this fills right. This puts me in a leadership position which I feel I'll be good at. If something goes wrong (WORSE CASE) I'll have a great resume lol


So thats been my weekend. Next weekend is going to be awesome. I talked with Katie and Dave and we've arranged their photo shoot. They liked plan A (Whitter trip) but to save time and go off of some of the times a couple of the photographers gave we're going to stay in Anchorage. Saturday I'm going to map out where we are going to shoot so it flows together and take some test shots as I've never taken pictures in this area of town :-D I'm so excited photography truly is my escape

3 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Sounds like a fun day and I'm happy for your promotion and exciting new changes.

cokelady said...

The Bridal fair sounds like fun (even though I'm not usually into those sorts of things)--especially being able to view lots of photos. I love all of the creativity really good photographers display in wedding pictures nowadays. Be sure to post some of Katie & Dave's engagement pictures (if they don't mind) so all of us perfect strangers can appreciate your technique! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenna,

Could I get your e-mail address please??? I'm having issues with blogger layout's and I would like you to help me with them.