Sunday, February 08, 2009

Let Me Introduce:

Katie and Dave. This happy couple has technically been together for 3 yrs. They got engaged after 4 months of dating and then he was deployed to Iraq for an 18month TDY (He was in the Army). The circumstances became to much for the young couple and they chose to break it off- this happened before I met Katie. I met several of her guy friends and watched her attempt to date a few of them. One night I had stay at her place and asked about Dave. I knew he was secheduled to come home in just a few months (Nov. 2007) and asked if that had anything to do with it. Sitting there listening to her talk I knew a) I really wanted to meet this guy- and hoped he had a brother (just kidding) and b) I knew she loved him- lol and when I met him I pretty much feel in love with him too lol- he looked great in his uniform and has an amazing personality. He's so layed back and fun to be around. I don't know the details behinded it but just shy of a year later Dave got honorably discharged from the Army and moved to Denver to go to medical school. Three months later Katie joined him. I wasn't to happy I've never had real friends around and then she moves away. But I was happy for her as he suprised her by coming up here and proposing before moving down there. Like I said early they aren't Christians so there are def. areas I disagree with them on. They respect them and I think thats why it works. Dave and I will talk "religion" as he puts it even though I remind him that for me its so much more then that. He takes in everything I say and knows Im serious about what I believe. The boy has one fault and that is his tongue- from the sounds of it the Army (not the institution but the people with in it) is to blame for that one. According to Katie's mom though I'm the only one he holds his tongue for. So there is that respect. I pray that someday- at some point it will go beyond a listening ear and respect and that they'll truly come to the understanding of what I have in my life that they lack. I love these two- and had such fun- we'll go out again hopefully when it warms up a bit.













4 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

They're all good, but I like the second, third and fourth from the bottom.

Erika J. said...

those look great jenna. :)

The Middle J said...

Those are my favorite as well- though I had seen a few other photographers do the jump thing before- this was totally Dave just goofing off. I was more then happy to shoot away :-D

Thanks Erika-
They made it so fun that it was so easy and they loved the pictures that they want to go out again even though they have an actual professional shoot in March.

Kasey said...

I like the first one the best!! Great job!