Saturday, March 14, 2009

Really Long Post- Beware :-)

Thank You !! so much for all the birthday wishes. I laid in bed last night trying to think of a birthday that I had that was more fun and enjoyable.

I probably wouldn't have thought that had I been 13 instead of 23 but I've come to realize as you get older you appreciate the real important things about a birthday. Those you spend it with.

I told Mom and Dad that the only thing I wanted for my birthday was to have everyone over- I did not want to spend it alone- lol I've realized a new fear I have- spending my birthday alone- I figure at some point in my life and praying for never that there will be one day that I'll have to but I'd rather not.

So I asked for homemade pizza, games and cake. Between mom and I we got the message to everyone.

But let me rewind to the beginning of the day. I woke up at 7am and my phone was going crazy- I got all excited - my email was blinking and so I checked it and found loads of facebook messages that people had commented. Everyone from a friend from school, to one of my cousins and loads of church friends. Something so small but yet made me feel so special. Then there were a few from myspace- Sis Tammi, Mom and Jess. I had to force myself to get ready for work and read mom and jessa's blog while I walked from my parking spot to the hotel.

Waiting on my desk at work was a gift from one of my co-workers and a card and TONs of cholocate(in which I gave away most of it- everyone was happy I shared hehe)

The day went by rather fast- half way through the day everyone in accounting came into my office and gave me a card signed by everyone and a bouqet of tulips that smelled so heavenly of spring that I just beamed :-)

Through out the day I was reading posts to face book and then gracie's blog and texts (shh don't tell hehe)

Katie and Dave stopped in and Dave invited himself to my birthday party- no objections here- I was more then happy to have them come- maybe if they meet our other youth and have fun I could get them to come out to other activities.

I was about leave work when I got a call to come to the mens club- this was odd as I've only actually gone in there once- and it takes so much work to get it all cleared out and to make sure I don't see anything that will make me want to claw my eyes out that its never worth it- they always come to me- plus its on the other side of the hotel so its not my first choice of places to head lol.

I took the employee hallways to get to the other side and as I opened the employee door that would bring me back to the public part of the hotel Whitney and Erik were standing there looking rather sheepish with a bouqet of pretty pink roses (I know where they got them hehe) it was soo sweet- I'm not sure if they are just from the Mens Club or if they are from both. They wished me a happy birthday and I was out the door for the weekend :-)

I got home and got my roses in a vase, and set them and my tulips on the table and then made sure the house was picked up. Dad had done so much already but I made sure the table and chairs were cleaned off of laundry that got left behind. Mail and such off the coffee table and towels in the bathroom.

Then started the pizza's- people started showing up and it was so great- first Micah and Megan- caring an awesome birthday box- I decided then in there that I loved the box as if it was gift lol- the gifts inside were great too. Then Tim and Becky came in with more Birthday wishes. Katie and Dave followed not far behind as Tim, Becky and I were heading out to make a run to the store.

We got back and the place was full of laughter and talking- the best gift

I didn't think Larry was going to come because of somethings that came up during the day but when I went outside to get some games he had just pulled up. I was so thankful he came.

The pizza turned out great. We pulled out the Wii to show Katie some of the games and were laughing at Mom, Joleesa and then myself as they watched us holahoop hehe

Matt came over at that point and I got a wonderful hug from him. He came still in his work clothes so I knew he was tired but he stayed for awhile which ment ALOT to me.

At one point I got a kick out of how the guys were standing in the kitchen talking about guns then Dave telling stories of his time in the sand box and Matt telling of his time in the military. While the girls sat in the living room laughing over the Wii

We then pulled out Mad Gab- which by the way is the best group game ever expessially if you have Tim in the group. At first I didn't think we'd get Larry, Dad, and Dave to play but it took less then one round to peak their intrest and join up one on each team.

Teams-
1) Larry, Tim, Becky and Megan
2)Matthew, Joleesa, Mom and Micah
3)Myself, Katie, Dave and Dad

When it came to my teams turn we'd have to tell Dad and Dave to pause in their converstation to help the team lol

Thats right I got Dad to play a game :-D YAY!! and I think he had fun too.




This is proof :-) See how he reacts makes playing the game even better :-)

I can only upload one video clip at a time so the one of Tim will come tomorrow along with pictures.

I was overwhelmed feeling so special and loved- I wouldn't have traded yesterday of anything :-)

Oh and if this isn't just the best mom and dad are adding to my JAG fund for Season 8


Today all I've done was sit around in my pajamas and read- I love Mary Cathy Hake :-) and then I got off my bum threw some clothes on and went out into the beautiful sunny day- not warm- just sunny- to David's Bridal to order my bridesmaids dress for Katie's wedding and picked my dress for Jessa's wedding. Oh how I wish I didn't have to go back there AGAIN but I see in the future at least 3 more times- to pick up the dress, fitting for jes's BM dress, and fitting for Kat's BM dress - CRAZY and its not even my wedding lol

I got shoes and some necessities to go with both dresses so everything but the jacket to go with Jes BM dress- so that may equal another trip.

I've decided if I ever get married we're all just wearing jeans -JUST KIDDING :-)

*sigh* I feels so good to relaxe

2 comments:

Netty said...

Glad you had a great B-day!!! Happy late birthday!

cokelady said...

So sorry I'm late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! It sounds like it was truly grand. I'm with you--the very best thing in the world is just to get together with friends and family and have a great time. Getting Dad to play a game is a definite plus. :-)