Thursday, September 03, 2009

This is Me Packing

:-D


Okay so no packing yet...hehe... but I do have laundry going so I'm not being completely unproductive or procrastinating completely. Okay so I am procrastinating but oh well. 

I had the post-session meeting with Billy and Lauren today. They met me at the hotel after work and it was nice to sit and talk. They actually had dinner in the Whales Tale which is one of my favorite restaurants in the hotel (there are 4). Time quickly went by and I had to go. I left feeling so thankful for God giving this to me. Billy and Lauren wanted a out door wedding but ended up raining buckets and so they got none of the pictures they so desired. Last night I printed my top 20 for them and it was so exciting (thats not even a good adjustive) to watch them look through each picture. There was one she got to I heard the slight intake of breath and I looked up at her face and her eyes were glistening with possible tears. Thats when I realized how much these pictures ment to them. I realized what I gift I had was able to give them and  it felt rewarding. Yes its exciting to get paid but the real reward the real payment was their pleasure- :-) I left them speechless- how cool is that hehe.

I pray it always feels this way- that its never an obligation- its never redundant- there is always that flutter of excitement.

After meeting up with them I went over to Megan and Micah's to pick up the lenses I had lent them. I rarely use them (hence why I could lend them to them for the last 2-3 months) because I've got a wide range lens (put both lenses together and you have the one I have on my camera now) but just in case the worse happens and something happens I'm not without back up.

Anyway I went over there and she feed me :-) They picked on me at work that I sounded like a bachelor :P needing  someone to cook for me and catch up on my laundry. She fixed yummy enchiladas (which I had never eaten before) and we sat and talked for about 2 hrs. (thats not procrastinating its fellowship :P ) 

Now I'm home and Jo and Dallas are watching some movies and I really am procrastinating now hehe...

Okay time to print my stencils for the VLB banner I'm making and to switch laundry...

really I'm going now because my plan is to be in bed in two hours 

0 comments: