Saturday, October 31, 2009

Procrastination, Pictures, and Prayer

So mom is going to kill me I put off my laundry again- though I'm sure instead of killing me she'll just say I told you so. I hate laundry its not something I can start and be done with before moving on to another project. No I have to stop what I'm doing and go back to it. I can multi-task like no other but I HATE doing it. If I had my way if I start something I don't go on to something else until I finish it. Which is why I always get frustrated when mom or dad or someone asks me to stop what I'm doing to go do something else. Today I figured out a little bit why that is. When you are doing something creative and all that inspiration is  flowing from who knows where you don't want it interrupted. 


Anyway so I ditched doing laundry to take Joleesa's 20 week pictures at 21 weeks :P  I love my little niece :-) yup I my birthday present (or I suppose if Jo is like Mom and delivers 2 weeks early it could be Jessa's birthday present) is going to be a baby girl. I've never seen an ultrasound done before (outside of fake Hollywood ones) and I stood in that room staring at the screen in awe struck wonder at how fearfully and wonderfully we are made. This little one is just barely 12 oz and yet we could see her little eyes, ears, nose and lips. I thought I was going to have to use my imagination to figure out what she (I was convinced it was for sure a he-I was wrong hehe but I'm okay with that) looks like. With todays technology no imagination needed I almost felt like I met her. 

As I was taking pictures today and looking at Joleesa's expanding stomach I stood amazed that that little life I got to see was in there. When we found out she was having a baby girl I stopped at the store as I wanted to get something for Jo (hehe I've bought alot of somethings for her) and I saw these little shoes she's holding in the picture. Shoe's this little one will never walk in but I pray every time I see them (as they've been sitting on the coffee table) that where those little feet take her that she leave an imprint on the lives left behind - one that will speak of God's love and grace because I pray this little one will know it in abundance.

Of all the things I've bought for my niece nothing excited me as much as when I found they were still printing the  baby book "I'll Love You Forever, I'll Like You For Always"  Mom and Dad bought that book for me one year for Christmas and its is my alllllll time favorite children's book. Well my little niece I may not be your mommy (you've got a pretty wonderful one) but I'll love you forever and I'll like you for always ..... for as long as I'm living
 :-)

Please be in prayer for Joleesa as the ultrasound tech did not get a good picture of the baby's heart. God's got His hand on this little one and I know everything is alright but our human nature fears the worst and on Tuesday she goes back in for another ultrasound and I heard her cry yesterday as they had to postpone it (she was suppose to have it on thursday, then moved it to Friday and now Tuesday). The unknown usually fuels fear but God knows and gives peace.

0 comments: