Monday, November 23, 2009

All Things Pretty in Pink

most days (not resent days) I love my job but there is NOTHING I love more then to be given something that I can shut work out of and escape into a side of me that has no limits and I can be as creative as I want.

Last Tuesday was Joleesa's baby shower. Hehe oh boy did I have fun with it. It was exhausting but so fun. From the little details all the way to Joleesa's exhausted happy face when the night was over. Mom will say I went over board and I probably did. It'll be PB&J sandwhiches for lunch for several weeks lol but it was worth every penny and ever second put into.

It started with the invitation which I actually got paid to create. One night I did a coat check for a Governors Award Banquet and it could have been 6 hrs of boringness if I hadn't had my computer. By the end of the night I was well please both with what I was able to put together and the tips I had in my pocket hehe....


Then came the baby shower. Sis Mack had done a diaper cake for Lillian's baby shower and it was so cool. So I googled it and realized these things are insanely popular and actually sell for maga $$$. So I googled some more figuring there had to be instructions of some sort out there to create this fun center piece. Directions in hand I went to work... quickly deciding I didn't like the way the instruction was leading I ventured on my own and I have to say I'm rather fond of the final out come. Every cake needs a topper and it seemed rather fitting that the baby's first bear top it. 

It sat in the middle of the table. Pictures I've taken through out her pregnancy so far (along with a 4D framed ultrasound picture) flanked the right side and pink and white plates, cups and napkins were to the left. Holding the utensils is a little red wagon that say's ITS A GIRL. ( there was a flower arrangement in it that was delivered to Jo the day after she found out the gender)
A party needs balloons and when it comes to baby themes they sure do have a collection of fun ones. My favorite is the big pink foot print. (the bear holding the balloons is from Jessa)
Here is a close up of the diaper cake. This is 80 diapers each individually rolled and tied off with clear stretchy craft line. The diapers are fittingly baby Winnie the Pooh.
Our house has such warm lighting that everything either looks so pale or very orange ( the wagon is actually red and the ribbon a bold pink but oh well)
Every party needs streamers so going across the room was 3D hearts, paper flowers and butterflies 
Matt and Nathan came by to whisk Dad away for some male bonding. Which apparently consisted of streak, chicken, shrimpp and abundance of other food lol 
Every party needs games. We had peoples water breaking (melting ice to release a pacifier), passing a box left to right to right to right as mom read a story about the Right family. Here is a picture of one as Dallas's mom had to guess how big her baby bump was and got it right on the dot. 
Then it was present time and boy did this little one get spoiled with some pretty cool and creative gifts as well.
here was a gift from Dallas's mom- an umbrella wrapped in receiving blankets and filled to capacity  of lots of cute girly goodies 
I remember when gifts use to be wrapped but I have to say the bags are getting just as fun as the actual presents and just as expensive lol 
Every baby needs needs noisy toys *whispers* so do big kids Matt rather enjoyed playing with it when he returned hehe 
This was Megan's gift that was sooo cool. It was a laundry basket filled with clothes but not just simply folded in the basket much more creative then that.....
She created what seemed like a never ending but totally coool clothes line of cute baby clothes
These type gifts are so fun but you almost dont want to take them apart 
a friend of mine and Jo's that we use to work with stopped by. This is her little girl. Who I absolutely love and think next to my future niece is the most adorable little girl (Im sure some will disagree :-) which is okay hehe)
In the end while all of use were tired to the bones Megan had a burst of energy  and so all the baby clothes from the shower and what was previously bought came out to be organized and put away. I do think this little angel has more clothes then I do which is simply shocking lol 

4 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Oh, my goodness! That's a LOT of clothes!!! Babies grow awfully fast. Joleesa's going to have to change that baby's clothes 3 times a day in order for her to get to wear all that stuff before she outgrows it. ;-)
You did a great job with the shower. Looks like a lot of fun.

cokelady said...

WOWZERS!!! That's amazing--she got more loot than any baby shower I've ever seen! Ha! How fun!!! And all of your prep work and decorations are ADORABLE. Great job!

J Nowling said...

Though it looks like a lot of clothes, they are all different sizes so that helps considerably. She's set for the first 6 months and into the 9th month at least. That is depending on her size.

Netty said...

Jenna that was just awesome!