Monday, November 16, 2009

I Got Mail!

and it wasnt an email! There is something so fun about getting mail but there is definitely something even more fun and thats getting a fun card made by Sis Emily from Sis Becki. I dont think I deserve such a fantastic thank you it only took forever and a day to for the dvd to get to her. Well at least the second one the first one got sent to the same address but different city because the duffus of a Fed Ex clerk put down the wrong zip code :-P I guess he was feeling creative because the zip code doesnt exist and so whoever was on the New Mexico side had to get even more creative in trying to read the clerks mind as to where it was to go... when from the beginning they could have just read the package that I had nicely written the correct address with a real and right zip code but I guess that wouldnt be as entertaining. Hope whoever in Sandia Crest is enjoying a DVD of nearly 1,000 pictures of people they have no clue who are hehe. (Sadly unless the recognize the flag I dont believe they'll know its from The Church of God. I don't recall any pictures in which I zoomed out that the banner showed. Oh well )

The funny part is Dad took it to Fed Ex the second time and sent it Expedite Air which means it would be on the next FedEx flight out the package went flying on the 12th and promptly arrived on the 13th. Now according to the envelope Sis Becky was very prompt in sending a beautiful "Thank You" in return on the 13th. For 44 cents it arrived with in two mailing days lol. Got to love living in Alaska the mail is just as unpredictable as the weather.

It was a wonderful way to end a very long and busy day. Normally the mail has already been gotten by the time I get home or Dad calls me on my way home from work that he hasn't gone out to get to pick it up before coming in the house (yes its just at the end of a short drive way :-P) Joleesa, Mom and I were talking about the shower tomorrow and made me remember that one of our aunts had let me know she was sending a card in the mail for Joleesa (which was mail from MN on Tuesday and arrived today -told ya its random) and I was thinking it odd that it hadnt arrived yet as usually for a standard letter its 4 mail days max. and thats when we realized that the mail had been neglected. So here at 11pm Joleesa and I both get to joy of opening beautiful cards :-) I love it


haha I just had a whole blog about mail and the one before that was about the weather :-) wondering why people read this :-D


GOOOD Night

4 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

"wondering why people read this :-D"
Because we love you! :-)

cokelady said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one in the world who gets giddy over receiving a piece of REAL mail! Ha! Throughout my childhood and teenage years I wrote letters to dozens and dozens of friends and it was MY (self appointed) duty to go get the mail each day, JUST IN CASE one of them wrote back. Those days are long gone now that everybody has unlimited long distance, blogs and e-mail. So sad. Maybe you and I should become pen pals! Ha!

THANKS AGAIN for the pictures!!!

J Nowling said...

I often wonder why they bother selling stationary any more. It was a beautiful card.

Jessa Stephens said...

Jenna you should post picutres of the baby shower!!!