Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Youth on the Hunt

November was my month to plan the youth activity and so I put together a photo scavenger hunt. They were given a scripture and they could take it literally or figuratively but they had to use their creative to find an object or subject to take their picture with. It could not be in any house hold and could not be on any team members body. We split up in two teams and headed downtown to have some fun.

The first one:

John 12:23
And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified.


Nate is standing by the Railroad Clock

I messed up on the scripture for this one when i did a search it changed statue to statute  and so I just wrote Psalms 81:4 without double checking and wrote statue on the slip as it was suppose to be mine but ended up trading with someone. So Joleesa took her pictures with a statue of one of the founders of Anchorage.
Isaiah 22:19  
And I will drive thee from thy station, and from thy state shall he pull thee down.

Here is Nathan and Joleesa at the bus station. This one is posed a challenge for Mom, Matt, Nathan and Jo as nothing is called a station anymore its all Fire Department, Rail Depot ect. so they final called it good a the Bus station even though its not really called that.


This was my team and let me say that three photographers on one team ment a lot of fun but also  pictures of EVERYTHING lol. Team 1 had taken 12 pictures  Team 2 (which was Micah, Megan, myself, Tim and Levi) took 72 hehe 

This was Tim's slip
Hebrews 12:2
Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us

Incase it doesn't look familiar this is a statue of Butto the lead dog of the first great race. The Iditarod! This is where the ceremonial start takes place every year.
This was my slip and I was rather happy with getting it as it ended up rather random. I've been wanting to play on this train but never have.

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.


Luke 14:23
And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.

Haha here mom is pointing at the dead hedge 
This was Micah's which this is my second favorite of the night. His is a little more interpative then the rest. His scripture was..

Isaiah 60:8
Who are these that fly as a cloud, and as the doves to their windows

We represent doves in the windows lol  like I said we had fun.
This is my favorite this was Levi's 

Scripture: Genesis 1:14   And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night and let them be for signs, and for seasons,  and for days, and years:

This is the Anchorage's town square per say. It decked out with beautiful lights, a  large less beautiful Christmas tree  and a skating rink that circles the park. Its so pretty I love it 
This is Matt's his scripture: Hebrews 13:2  Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares. Here is the angel they were entertaining hehe
This is a two part picture: you can't appreciate the funness ( I know not a word) of the first one without seeing the second one.


This one is Megan's
I can't remember for sure what her scripture was as I had changed it several times.

I believe it was Luke 21:1- and he looked up, and saw the rich men casting their gifts into the treasury.

And how fitting but a penny press. The gift shop was about to close up and we begged to get a picture with the penny press. The guy looked at us a little weird and said most people ask to take a picture with the large bear. We unpuzzled him and explained the scavenger hunt.



The weather was great. Not to chilly and not to busy downtown. We ended the night with homemade pizza and a movie that had us all laughing. I think everyone had fun and we've pretty much decided come April we'll have to do something similar but maybe with a little more of a challenge 

3 comments:

cokelady said...

HOW FUN!!! You guys do the greatest stuff. Makes me think of (and even miss) my youth group from "way back when." :-) The picture that goes with Levi's scripture is really cool. But the one of Matt making his own angel is by far my favorite! Ha!

J Nowling said...

It was fun...I love the window one. Matt was anything but angel as he chose a random yard downtown. We kept watching the house's windows to be sure no one came out.

Vicki Smith said...

HOW FUN!!! And how clever. I remember a scavenger hunt I sent two teams of VLBs out on about 30 years ago. Fun memories. :-D But you'll have even more vivid memories since you have pictures of your scavenger hunt!